National 12 - find out more...

Scottish Championships

Started by Roly Mo, 25 Jul 2007, 05:19

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

I know many of you will be getting ready for Burton Week, but I just wanted to remind everyone that the weekend of 25 and 26 August sees the class Scottish Championships being raced for under the burgee of East Lothian Yacht Club at North Berwick.    As it is a Bank Holiday (in England) on the Monday you'll still have plenty of time for all those jobs at home . . . .

ELYC run the most fantastic events and those of us who have been before are looking forward to 2 days of first class racing and sand castle building, but we'd love more of you to come and join us.  There's a briefing note going on to the website shortly, and the NOR will follow soon.  In the meantime if anyone wants more information please get in touch.  

In the past the club have been really helpful at finding crews but we'd ask that anyone wanting a crew let's us know by Thursday of next week at the latest due to holiday commitments.  

Team Roly Mo

Lukepiewalker

I might drop by and say hullo...

canon fodder

Due to my book worm crew I'll only be there for the Saturday this year. Edinburgh book festival on Sunday. I'll do my best to test out the rescue boat again and hope it blows up a gale on Sunday again so I won't miss any sailing. Is the ICM making use of the commodores wife again ::)

MarkSimpson

greight expectations

Does anybody know why the link to the Scottish champs is off the "air"?

Are there any more details available yet?

regards

Roger

Roly Mo

greight expectations

Whose coming to North Berwick?

Come on and sign up,  you know it makes sense

Roger

Roly Mo

The Pie Boys will be there, but not sailing together.  

RM

hairy dog

is ICM sailing or just keeping the pies warm?
get a Mungral up ya! :o

Little Bo

ICM is indeed sailing, but despite all Angus's endeavours I can now report that the Commodore's wife is not crewing for him this year.  ICM's craft is currently sitting on the top deck of our trailer, and Roly Mo will shortly be put on the bottom deck for the journey north.  The weather forecast is looking good for the weekend (there might even be some sun!!) and the shorebound are looking forward to the chance to build sandcastles.

Mrs RM

canon fodder

Sadly I will not be there at all n ow. families who would have em? Mind you who would crew for me then? mind you if ICM has got another crew there is always the commodores wife.
Is anybody coming from Scotland? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Roly Mo

We were delighted to have 1 of the Scottish Fleet amongst us in the form of Ken and Andrew Mitchell.  Angus, you were missed (as were lots of other people!!!).  Well done to Mark and Sarah/Emma (not only for remembering the trophy but also for being able to take it back home with them), to Bernard and Sue for 2nd place and to Stewart and Euan for 3rd.  Thanks to everyone who came along and most of all to ELYC for putting up with us turning up with such a ridiculously small entry for such a huge trophy.

Mrs RM

PS - Roger - we have the Mariner Mug, which I guess needs to come back to you for safe keeping till next year.

greight expectations

Thanks for the report, excellent photos which do not attest to how windy it really was on saturday (and perhaps sunday but I wasn't there to witness It),

Team Homer playing with fresh horses - sorry, crews- should this be allowed!  well done again Team Simpson.

Roger

n12 Bottom Banner