National 12 - find out more...

Dart 18 Worlds at Torbole Lake Garda.

Started by Jimbo41, 24 Aug 2007, 10:47

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Hi Folks!
Set off for the Worlds tomorrow. I've been invited to do the cheese-wire on one of those twin-hull thingies. We'll have 135 boats from all over the World there - 15 are coming from South Africa - and we're hoping for a good  bit of wind too. 5 boats are going from my club ESC, so it should be quite good fun. About half the fleet are going to be Brits. Perhaps we can revenge ourselves for that 2:1 defeat this week  ;D. I'll be on a boat that has GBR on one side of the mainsail and GER on the other!!! There'll be plenty of beer too!!!!
Rigging up a waterproof camera to take fotos of the fleet in action, so if any turn out to be good, I'll post them in the gallery.

Cheers!

Jim N3470. (Passion Pudding, repaired and waiting for varnish when I get back).

JohnMurrell

And an OCS in Race 1..................

Mikey C

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

janeysailor12

....I thought this was a National 12 site  :-/ B14...B14....B14.....B14...B14....B14...B14...B14

Janey

Jimbo41

Came 115th from 123 boats overall. Good fun and certainly helped with race tactic planning. The work on the cheesewire was quite exciting - that's the first time I've seen Lake Garda from upside down horizontally and we whitnessed quite a few crashes - these guys and gals really give no quarter on the water! Average boatspeed for the event was around 12 knots upwind - we got up to around 13. Winds changable but in the last three days a steady Ora set in, the wind from the south gradually increasing to 4-5 Bft. Enough for it to be worthwhile for heavy guys like us...
So we're both going to lose 20 Kg and we can get up higher in the fleet when we all meet next year on the Ijselmeer in NL.

And no, this is NOT the end of my 12 sailing - I was just invited to sail by the organiser of the event, Sebastian Braunitzer.

Cheers!

Jim

n12 Bottom Banner