National 12 - find out more...

Up River Open Meeting

Started by Ian and Alex (Guest), 31 Aug 2007, 11:34

« previous - next »

Ian and Alex (Guest)

Nigel

Hi Ian & Alex

I'am planning on returning home for the day, but cannot stay for Thorpe Bay, off on holiday

Nigel

N3466

Jane Wade

Hello Ian and Alex

I will be making my post baby debut at Up River - nice and close for the babysitters.  Pray it isn't too windy since I have no stomach muscles. although does need to be some wind 'cos I am still packing a few extra pounds!

Hope to be around in the evening as well but at the mercy of babysitters again.

Jane X

MattStiles

Joe and I are planning to come and will probably camp... unless the weather's horrible.

matt

paul turner

Greetings!

I hope to be there (subject to Gerry being able to finish various repairs and improvements to Microclipper by then) - and Kevan making some new super ALVERBANK sails! Regret won't be able to stay down for the GILL at Thorpe Bay as Christine has to be back at work Sunday am! :'(

And let's hope it's not quite as windy as the vintage meeting at Derwent yesterday! ::)

Fran G (Guest)

Sophie and I will be definitely be there.  I will bring a tenner and eat, drink and be merry.

Can't wait.  Looking forward to it a lot.  Haven't even seen Zippy since Burton Week so hopefully the heartache will subside around then too.

Love Fran

Jane Wade

Imagine how it is for me Fran!  I haven't been sailing since January!!!!!!! :'(

John Meadowcroft

We will be there, with boys, tent and ready for Thorpe Bay too.

Andrew (Guest)

love to be back at Up River but can't, stuck in the Caribbean

Andrew

Andy B

Ian & Alex

'Purple Turtle' will be making an appearance at the weekend, has to be said  am looking forward to the sea, rather than the river!!

Andy & Vicky

Jerry G (Guest)

3365 intend to be at Up River but cannot do Thorpe Bay

Ian and Alex (Guest)

Excellent - that makes 37(ish!!)

Sophie (Guest)

this was a brilliant event - thanks to everyone at Upriver for the effort that went into organising it

A great mix of boats, good racing for everyone, excellent catering and there's nothing like a game of volleyball in the dark!

Thanks again and well done Paul and Freya

Sophie

Jane Wade

Thanks to Alex, Ian, Penny et al for the weekend.  Great fun being back at Up River ... the usual challenging sailing!

Jane

John Meadowcroft

20 boats, great turnout.

The sailing was most amusing.  I shall go back just in case Ian decides to demonstrate "how not to remove a piece of weed from the bow of your boat without telling your crew what you are doing" again.  The best bit was after Ian had delicately climbed over the boat onto the board, still dry, the board then immediately boxed itself depositing are hero in the water.  Apparently that got the weed off.

Thank you for a great day, hope we can do it again soon.

Now Thorpe Bay was another matter.  Wow! 20 boats again, but so much wind there was not much time to be amused.  Chapters sailed by bigger people dominated the results.  It was windy, I think that only 2 boats completed all 3 races and possibly only one that did not take a swim.  

n12 Bottom Banner