National 12 - find out more...

CREW NEEDED!

Started by DavidW, 27 Sep 2007, 02:14

« previous - next »

DavidW

Any light nimble people ot there fancy a crack at helping me grab the Twickenham trophy back from Fran on Sunday?

07810 502348

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

MikeDay

David

As before, try: sam.childs@btinternet.com or call on either 01235 820048 or 07789556909

Mike D
N3496

DavidW

Thanks Mike

Sam couldn't do last week  - I may be sorted now.

See you on Sunday.

Cheers
David Wilkins

DavidW

Suddenly I need a crew again thanks to a stray nail on the M40 leaving Jo stuck in Birmingham tonight - anybody out there?

cheers
David Wilkins

Dave Croft

David,

Sorry we couldn't oblige with a crew, either of the girls would have loved to sail at the TYC Open but they were racing their Cadets at Grafham in the Zone champs. Strangely we seem to have had less wind on Suday that you got at Twickers!

On the subject of Crews my elder daughte Caroline is looking for a crew for this winter and next season to hopefully do the RYA zone squad and then all the big meetings - if you or anyone knows of a keen 10 to 13 year old please get in touch.

Cheers,

Dave

MattStiles

Yep, sorry David.  In the end it took me 3 or 4 hours of driving to Halfords / Kwik fit and back on Sunday morning, trying to find an inner tube for my obsolete trailer wheels.  

A word to anyone else in the same position: I eventually figured out that launching trolley wheels also have inner tubes in them and they're about the right size.  30 minutes of struggling with improvised tyre levers and we were on our way.  I shall know next time :-(

ChrisBerkley

I've got 3 daughters - 9, 12 and 14 -  who have got their Stage 3, 3 and 4 respectively but want to really learn to race well.  I'm useless and just to old fogey and  their practice venue is fun but not very competitive.  We are in Devon, so a long way from Grafham but perhaps we'll catch up with you at an N12 training session!!  chris, Ruth, Ana and Isabel

DavidW

Glad you got home eventually Matt.

Spare trailer wheels are definitely worth having.  I spent years without then with increasing mileages to open meetings suddenly decided to invest in one - the next weekend was Pevensey open meeting and we had a puncture. It was so good to be able to dive into the boot and produce a shiny spare wheel! Bit of a jammy weekend that as we got a couple of cracking port tack flyers across the fleet too!

Cheers
David Wilkins

n12 Bottom Banner