National 12 - find out more...

Best Endeavours!

Started by THG, 03 Oct 2007, 11:51

« previous - next »

THG

Lets hope Grazz & Zoe can do us proud at the Endeavour Cup this weekend - have to get used to that 3rd sail up front though!

THG
THG

SamM

Pray for light winds!  The 'Xenons' need quite a bit of grunt in a breeze...  I take it there wil be a few 12 sailors there if Rick will represent the MPS.  Good luck to Rick too in that case.

Sophie (Guest)

Rick was seen out in a zenon at whitstable last weekend, I assume practising for the endeavour as there can't be may other reasons for sailing something thats looks more like a cruiseliner than a dinghy!

Was thinking that if breezy, could they be sailed with 3 national 12 sailors, to bring us up to weight with other classes (Rick was sailing with similarly sized - if not bigger, skiff sailor)?

good luck to all

S

sam293

JohnMurrell

Mikey C

And winning the last race! good skills...
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

grazz

Just got back, well exhausted and bruised but it was a really exciting weekend of racing. We prayed for light winds and the forecast looked good for us, but in the end we got lots of force 4s. The Xenon has 15.5 sq m of sail area upwind, a super stiff mast which we couldn't do much with, they weight about twice as much as a 12 (hull weight 118Kg) and I think we were the lightest there (even the Topper and Cadet lads were bigger than us). So when the wind was up we were a bit hosed on the beat, but we did get our own back downwind sailing 20 degrees lower than everyone else and still on the plane :)  Zoe's growing a third N12 sailor but it's not big enough to make a difference yet!

There were two force 2/3 races with some shifts thrown in that we could do something with which is when we got some good results in the bag.

Steve Tylecote and Toby Lewis were worthy winners, they got used to the boat quickly and were absolutely blisteringly fast in all the conditions. There was some serious carnage at the starts and windward and leeward marks as everyone piled in! Our 29th was the result of a particularly bad leeward mark where the spinnaker just wouldn't come down.

Looking forward to sailing Babel Fish at Grafham next weekend!

Graham & Zoe

James Taylor

Well done to you both and Congratulations to a mini Camm on the way that is really great news!  :)

James and Emma
N3304 & N3402

DavidW

Congratulations Zoe & Graham - on both matters!!

Steve Tylecote using his skills developed on the Spinnaker Lake!

Cheers

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

THG

Congrats to all 3 of you too!

Think this is picture of you...

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/photos/?s=64&PID=24625
THG

Jane Wade

That was a very subtle way of announcing that one!  Congratulations to you both - Camm proliferation worldwide.

Jane  ;D

greight expectations

congtulations Camms all!

Did Sophie know something we did not? "could they be sailed with 3 national 12 sailors" (see earlier posting),

cheers

Roger

SamM

Congratulations on both!  Some really good results in a very competitive fleet.  Well done to Rick too.

Sam

Howard n Sarah C (Guest)

Sneaked that one in quietly!!  The announcement I mean, congratulations to the three of of you on all counts!  Howard n Sarah C  N various

jammy dodger

Fantastic news Graham and Zoe, can I pre-book Zoe when she gets dumped for a new extra-light crew?  ;D
Simon

n12 Bottom Banner