National 12 - find out more...

Northampton - GILL series finale, Inlands & Open

Started by Kevin, 19 Oct 2007, 01:27

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Roly Mo

I cant speak with 100% certainty, but I would be flabbergasted if you were not welcome with the motorhome.  Tents are defintely fine, and the car park is certainly large enough to park the vehicle.  Give Jane Wade a call.

Fran, please dont put your tent too close to the bonfire.

Roly Mo

Looking forward to it.  Now have lodgers from north of the Border using spare bed space in the van.  Hope the wind picks up - BBC 5 day forecast looks light up until Friday.

RM

angus

Does that mean there are going to be two scottish boats or have I got the wrong border. Hope you are going to bring my gloves, my poor little fingures got cold at Blaydon.
Better not park my boat too close to the bonfire......, or on second thoughts I could just chuck it on and then I would be able to pick up my new hull on the way North. ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Yes, there are going to be two kilt wearing 12's there!  Will bring gloves.  Tell Rohan the Hot Chocolate machine will be there for his morning cuppa.  

B

Andy Hill

Steve & I have started to put the bits on the new boat but there is still a long way to go so we will be in his garage on Saturday rather than Northampton.

Good luck to everyone at the weekend, and see you next year.

Andy

FuzzyDuck

As No Angel is still in bits I will be there in Fuzzy Duck before she goes up for Sale.

Can't decide whether to camp or go for the luxury of the hotel....

Simon
3230 & 3413
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

grazz

I've booked the hotel, for possibly the first time ever at a sailing event, not sure I'm up to camping with a bump!

looking forward to the fireworks.

Zoe.

Jane Wade

Motorhomes are ok but caravans are not!  No boats on the lawn in front of the clubhouse please - this is where the bonfire and fireworks are!!!

See you all at the weekend.

Jane

Emma G

We are having to pull out meant to be travelling tonight to Sedgebrook but we have stomach bugs , totally gutted!!!

Hope you all have a great time.

Emma and James
N3402

Antony

As usual Northampton were great hosts both on and off the water.  It was sad that the wind did not show up on Sunday, but a great weekend nonetheless.  Thanks to all involved.

For those not there we had three lightish wind races on Saturday, with Tom and Liz winning from Myself and Jo and Graham and Sam Child were 3rd.   Lots of fireworks and a disco.... and some beer.

Not much wrong with the new boat that a bit of starting practice would not solve!

Antony
N3514

Kevin

Full updated results now on the GILL section of this site (except the Family section, which seems to have been missed).

Congratulations to Graham & Zoe for reclaiming "their" trophy from Tom & Liz who finished runners up this year inspite of winning at Northampton.

Congratulations also to Phil David and his three crews for taking the Admiral's Cup division from a very consistent showing by Jerry & Margaret Garner.

The closest competition was in the Family section where Gavin & Sabrina Willis needed to win the final event to beat Steve & Joanne Sallis. In the event Steve & Joanne managed 3rd at Northampton, but this was good enough for them to lift first place because Gavin & Sabrina were second behind Matt & Joe Stiles sailing their newly aquired Fatso boat. With many other combinations in the hunt at various times, this section looks like being the hotest part of the GILL series next year. (Full results are with the web-master but he is currently in Germany).

Kevin
N3512

DavidW

A big THANK YOU to Kevin (and his helpers!)for all the hard work in organising this excellent series. A big THANK YOU too to Gill.

What a Finale -37 boats with close racing from one end of the fleet to the other - lets build on this next year!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

THG

Agree with David - great series overall.

FYI - there were 38 boats at Northampton and at least one known last minute drop out.  We also had 15 AC / vintage boats there.  The racing was very close throughout the fleet.  A few ex AC have moved onto the DB scene but there are plently more of those AC boats waiting to be raced at a Gill event.

23 - helms qualified with 4 events but 33 could have qualified if they did Northampton as the last event.
THG

n12 Bottom Banner