National 12 - find out more...

Anybody used R & J Sails?

Started by Simon, 18 Nov 2007, 08:50

« previous - next »

Simon

Mikey C

Not used them for sails myself (although I've had bits from him, smart enough chap), but I believe Chris Bishop had some a few years back on 3474. Looked OK though, and can't really argue at that price!
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Richard

Richard Hannaford is a good sailmaker and I am sure he can make you some suitable sails. When I have finished my rebuild i may well pay him a visit.
Richard
N2134 :)

Simon

Thanks for the replies, sounds like a good idea for a crimbo present.... I'll tell the wife!

John Meadowcroft

The prices do look good.

Make sure that the sailmaker does have a copy of the latest rules as the main sail permitted dimensions changed on 1 January 2007 and you would not want to have a small one!

Evidently those sailmakers who invest the most time in the Class have a superior product to those that dont, and that is the premium that you pay them for.  Probably worth making sure that the sailmaker has done some research looking at recent photos of the top boats so that you can get the best "copy" of what is out there.

Happy Christmas...!

JohnMurrell

Meds, surely you are not suggesting that sailmakers copy each other...........

Does Max Mosley know; are we going to have the Twelve's own version of Stepneygate?

Bloorgate.........................
Stewartgate.....................
Rowsellgate......................
Rushgate.........................
Hannafordgate..................

n12 Bottom Banner