National 12 - find out more...

BURGHFIELD WINTER SERIES e-mail list

Started by Jeremy C, 01 Nov 2007, 11:51

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

With the BSC Winter series start now only 3 weeks away it would be great if any participants interested could e-mail me directly so that I can put together contact list for any information that should come out about the events. Could you therefore e-mail to the folloing address indicating which dates you might be most interested in attending .... if not all!..... so that I can get ideas of numbers etc.

jcdesigns42@btinternet.com

Reminder of dates:

25th november 07
9th december 07
13th January 08
20th januray 08
3rd february 08
17th february 08

Look forward to seeing you there, though will probably have a hangover on the first day due to the Clubs annual dinner dance the night before!
Could you e-mail me as soon as possible so that I can do the appropiate planning... Thanks!

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Antony3514

1st one this weekend, and it sounds like it might be pretty competitive.  Jo and I are hoping to join in, although a few issues to be resolved....

We drove past the club 2 Sundays ago, and there were lots of boats having a great sail.. it made me pretty jealous.

Antony

Jeremy C

Yep, Turnout is looking good, looking like at least five BSC  boats  participating plus a good number of visitors.
Wind currently westerly (one of our favoured directions for a good beat!)
Two races, 1st start 11am then a nice hot lunch and the second start at approx 1.30pm!

Looking forward to a great turnout and some challenging competition......
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Mike Storey

Hoping to be there in 3491 but does anyone know is there a chandlery there (or nearby) that can fix a new mast heel into a Superspars carbon? Or is it as simple as drilling out the old rivets and popping the new one in with a standard rivet gun? A DIY job for an unskilled rivetter like me?

Cheers
Mike
N3491
N3274  

Jeremy C

Mike,

there is a chandlery onsite who could do that for you, but it is as easy as you say, drill out the old rivets and pop rivet some new in. Would be good to get monel rivets from somewhere like P&B though as these are designed for Carbon. Our chandlery doesn't stock them so a quick order to P&B and they should be in the post by tomorrow giving you plenty of time to get the foot on!

Great that you are planning on coming...!

forgot to add... worth spending a bit of time to make sure that the mastfoot is lined up square to the spreaders before you drill the new holes or else you'll have a twisted rig... not good!

done that before (Guest)

The mast heel should be plastic and should be epoxied in.  The old alloy ones corrode, which causes them to expand and split the mast tube.  Also there is no need to rivet the new plastic ones as you just end up with problems with the rivets.

Get the glue out, if you need a new plastic mast foot call Tom, he can probably post you one for the weekend.

Mike Storey

Yep...Tom to the rescue and new heel is in the post. Tom recommended using self tapping screws to hold it in place rather than rivets.
Tom's tip to square it up - tie the spreaders back, get the line between them horizontal and clamp the mast firmly. Then the heel can be lined up plumb vertical.

Mike
N3491
N3274  

Jeremy C

John Meadowcroft

What a very nice day.  Good thing we were not sailing on saturday  brrrrr!  

Shifty NW wind 10 Twelves on the water for the first 2 races.  Can't wait for next time.  9 December.

John

n12 Bottom Banner