National 12 - find out more...

Hamble Warming Pan

Started by tom lee, 01 Feb 2008, 11:12

« previous - next »

tom lee

Its down as the 9th of March on the N12 events list but the Hamble river SC website says its on the 8th and 9th March.
any body know if it is one day or both days?
Tom<br />N3545

John Meadowcroft

Tom

I will confirm with the club to eliminate the confusion and then post here.

John

bsmith

Mike Storey

Jolly good call by the class association! I'm planning to be there on the Sunday but no way could have made a 2 day event.
Mike
N3491

tonyelgar

I ve never done the warming pan before and am looking for a gentle start into open eventing for my old 12. Would this be a good venue?
ex 2760/3255

John Meadowcroft

Barney is right.  We are one day only, the Sunday.
The idea was that the best way to return to the event was to do so gently.  Glad it works for you Mike.  Gavin Willis and I are both keen to attend, and I hope that we can get the Spinnaker crowd out as well as maybe a guest appearance from Mr Norbury - he does live on the Hamble after all.
Tony - Sailing on the Hamble can be quite busy at times - there is a lot of marina traffic.  It is however quite sheltered.  We will sail off the club line, so no sail to the start.  With the right conditions we will sail into Southampton Water and then come back into the Hamble, but more likely the racing will be up and down the river and we will not get out into Southampton Water.  It would be great to see you
Here is the Notice of Race  http://www.hambleriversc.org.uk/wp_2008/wp_2008_nor.pdf  First start on Sunday is 1030
Hope to see you there
John

tom lee

Thanks for the clarification. Thats good as I could not do the saturday. all I need now is a crew!
Tom<br />N3545

David_Wilkins

This member of the Spinnaker crowd will be on the other side of the world so won't be there :'(  - it should be a great day's sailing though and it would be good to get a strong showing and re-establish the class' standing at this event. Hopefully it will be well supported.
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

James A

I would love to go to the event but is dependent on finding a crew and giving Paradise Pudding some much needed TLC.
James
N3498

n12 Bottom Banner