National 12 - find out more...

Burghfield Open, Try-a-12 and Training 29-30 March

Started by Jeremy C, 14 Mar 2008, 04:12

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

The first training event of the year is at Burghfield SC on saturday 29 March and will be run by Nick Martin complete with video debriefing. The day starts at 10.30am (ready to be on the water) and will cost £10. At the same time, it is a try-a-12 day so if you would like to try a 12 or a different design please use the coaching link on the 'contact us' page of this website.
 The following day is the open and the fleet will start ahead of club racing, as has happened in previous years, and will have three races with one discard. Pre-registration, using the link below, willl carry an entry fee of £12.00 and if you do not pre-register entry on the day will be £15.00. If you have any queries about the event please don't hesitate to contact me or Caroline Martin or Graham Camm who should all be able to answer your queries..... (hopefully!)

Coaching and Open pre-registration

Look forward to seeing you there!
Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

Forgot to add........
T-shirts will be available both days if you are interested!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

MikeDay

Jeremy

Just an early apology for the open meeting - Anne and I are off for late season skiing that weekend.  Hope you have a good day and I'll be in touch after to collect results for the Thames Area.

Mike D
N3496

MattStiles

We'll be along.  I will probably have both boys in tow, so if anybody needs a crew Adam could be willing for the training at least.  He's probably happiest in an A/C...
Matt

THG

Won't have a boat for training as I still need to do a bit of bimbling in mine - ready for Bristol.
Whats the plan for the try a boat out - can I turn up without a crew and have a go?  Will be dependent on weather but hope to be there late morning ish.

THG

John M (Guest)

Please come along from 11.00.  No crew 'required' as we can sort that.  please call on 07801 137702 if you are coming
thanks
John Meadowcroft

THG

Looks like perfect 12 weather ;) force 4-5 and wet :-/ ????? - will have to make final decision but would be nice to get back yachting again - bathroom is nearly finished!!
Anyone want a qty of Karndean vinyl floor tiles - white marble - look very nice laid out.

THG

Jeremy C

Unfortuantely due to the windy and gusty conditions forecast for tomorrow, it has been decided that the training event will be cancelled.Do not despair......! There is training available at Bristol next wek and if you can't make that, then spinnaker the week after. See the relavant strings on the forum for details.
The forecast for sunday is much healthier so the N12 open at Burghfield is still going ahead as planned so do come along if you can, its always close racing!

David_Wilkins

??) Sadly back trouble means I must miss this event this year - to those going have a great day, it will certianly be lively if the wind doesn't subdue a bit!

Cheers
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

sophie (Guest)

was a great day of racing in glorious sunshine - a sharp contrast to the snow of last weekend. Results went down to the last race of the day which was won by Jonno and Charlotte, who took the open, John and Mandy had done enough in the previous two races to secure second with Kevin and Jane taking third overall, counting two seconds. Lots of very very close racing throughout the fleet
Burghfield were fantastic hosts - thanks everyone

Sophie

Jeremy C

Sorry, for slowness,.... been a bit busy!
As sophie has already said.... what a perfect sailing day..... warm .... sun.... and enough wind (well apart from midway though race 3 anyway!(went a bit light!)) Full report will come soon but in the meantime the full results are below. thanks to everyone who came and made it a great day, see you all at bristol?!

http://www.burghfieldsailing.org/content/results/show.php?page=2008_open_n12.htm

n12 Bottom Banner