National 12 - find out more...

Bristol?

Started by MattStiles, 31 Mar 2008, 08:29

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

Matt and I are driving down from Essex for the training on Saturday and staying for the sailing sunday.  So an early start.  If we get jinxed by the traffic is there a problem if we are a little late?
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Antony (Guest)

Simon,
I am sure that will be no problem, but remember that BCYC is at least 30 minutes the other side of Bristol and probably more like 40 minutes.  It is worth it when you get there, nice club and nice lake.
See you on Sunday, family stuff to do on Saturday.

Antony

MattStiles

We'll go along tomorrow.  A question for those who know the way... Google says go M32 then A road down to Cheddar (A38 I think).  Should I believe it, or is the M5 better?

Matt

THG

M5 is better - moe miles but miles faster!!!  From the M32 junction I'd say it was more like 50 - 60 mins to BCYC its much further than you think plus a small cross country bit at the bottom.

THG

Tim L (Guest)

An interesting weekend weather wise...typical Bristol (apart from the blizzards).

A big thankyou due to Nick Martin for running a great training day and also to Gavin for preventing those of us who were going to camp/sleep in cars from succumbing to hypothermia...! :)

James Taylor

Yep great day apart from the Blizzards  Tim nice wipe out though, hope you helped  youre crew to get the boat back up for  the second time that day.:o:o

Cheers
James
N3402
N3304 Not sold and looking for a good home

Jeremy C

Had a fantastic day, well worth driving through a blizzard to get to! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and learnt two things:
1. don't try and gybe a twelve in a force5-6 gust when going dead downwind!
2. having tried to gybe we now know what it is like to recover a 12 from a turtled position.... a new experience!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jane Wade

Well I was right to be worried about the weather - we pretty much had every wind strength (from various directions), brilliant sunshine through to snow storms.  Nick Martin and Sam did a great job on the training on Saturday although it did get a bit much after lunch.
Is there any footage - would love to see if it looked as though we were going as fast as it felt!

Jane
Crew of 3512 Alpha Male

Jeremy C

Full results for those who might want a peak!
http://bcyc.org.uk/private/results/n12open08.htm
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

n12 Bottom Banner