National 12 - find out more...

Bristol?

Started by MattStiles, 31 Mar 2008, 08:29

« previous - next »

MattStiles

Hi all,
Is there anything going on on the Saturday at Bristol?  For some reason I put training in my calendar, but perhaps I made it up?  Thinking of making a 2-day trip of it.

Matt

Richard

Matt the training starts at 10:30 and Nick Martin is the coach. Louisa and I are going. First time on the water this year and first time in a twelve for eighteen months. Could be interesting. I am also gping to stay for the Sunday. BCYC is a really nice place to sail.
Richard
N2399
;D

THG

Forecast for Saturday is 5 celcius max and a Force 5 NW - typical BCYC weather then - based on last couple of years!!!  Will have to wait and see............
THG

James Taylor

Hopefully coming up on Sunday for the open and was not sure if there is any thing going to be happening on Saturday Evening as we were think of coming up Saturday afternoon if there is.
James And Emma
N3402
N3304 Up For Sale and needing a home.

Kevin

Don't know where you are coming from THG, the forecast I have just looked at says 10 degrees and 17 mph wind.
Speaking to Nick Martin last weekend, he has plenty of training ideas for the Saturday. Jane and I will be there to see if Nick can teach me how to cross the new boat without lying on my back mid-tack/gybe. I understand there are likely to be a number of people around Saturday evening for anyone who is planning on arriving then. No idea what is planned for that night but am sure it will be good.
Kevin - N3512

THG

Saw the forecast at;
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/citytrend?LANG=en&WMO=u3010&PROVIDER=anwendung&SID=u301042205d9b65e3ba2b3bb1f70618c39f3c
tried to paste in the weather map but didn't work :-/ Bristol tends to be wet n'windy - but its a nice place 2 sail.
Will be in Gavs Baggy Sunday ;D as mine ain't ready :'(
THG

sam293

seeing as lots of people including me seem to be wanting something to do on the saturday night. does anyone know of any good indians or suitable resteraunts and or pubs to  visit?
sam

Gavin Willis (Guest)

Don't worry about Saturday night. If the club have not organised a barrel of beer for us to consume, we can de-camp to the Bath Arms Hotel, a very hospitable public house in Ceddar. Don't call me if you are tea total.:D

Hi-rise Gav (Guest)

I've checked the club situation, there is a superb curry house at the bottom of Ceddar Gorge and two really good pubs to choose from. There will be quite a few so we can take over a section of the pub as we will be out on the pop early......hic!:P
Club is walking distance to sleep in overnight or good B&B's in cheddar. My place is nearly full but might be able to sardine a few in but will need to drive though??).
Call me if you need any info 07974 180974 but join the party, it could be quite a night;D.

John Meadowcroft (Guest)

please respond if you are going to be around on Saturday night.  I am going to find a little barrel of London Pride and need to know how little/big it needs to be!  It will be in the club by Friday night and will be ready to drink by the time we finish sailing.  Could you need more incentive to come?
John

David_Wilkins

:'(Sadly the physio fixing my back says it would be foolish for me to sail at the weekend so another week goes by....</font>
Have a great time all.

Cheers
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Jimbo41

Quote from: 47:'(Sadly the physio fixing my back says it would be foolish for me to sail at the weekend so another week goes by....
Have a great time all.

Cheers
I know how you feel David. I have a deep chunk out of  my lower calf. Quack says I won't be sailing for 3-4 weeks :-/. I'd love to prove him wrong.....
Jim.

EmmaG (Guest)

Hey Meds
On the subject of barrels of beer and the size after Grahams and Zoes party I would make it a large one!!! this is the 12 class after all!!
James and I sadly cannot make Saturday but making an appearance on Sunday.
Cant wait to see everyone.
Emma
N3402 and N3304

Pip

From the looks of this message thread there seems to be quite a few people turning up, which is always good to hear.
I'll be there from 3pm saturday (unfortunately I've got to work beforehand) and the hopefully sailing on Sunday (but shan't jinx it). Fingers crossed for a good breeze, though seeing as I get to skive off revision for a day any breeze will be perfect!
See you all there :D

Jane Wade

I am a little nervous about the weather.  Today we are enjoying a force two and 15 degrees in Northampton - whereas Bristol is looking at a blizzard on Sunday.  I thought the cold sailing was behind us....
Jane
Crew 3512 ready to be trained!!

n12 Bottom Banner