National 12 - find out more...

Coaching Spinnaker SC Saturday 12 April

Started by Phil Brown, 14 Mar 2008, 01:01

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

A further opportunity to get out on the water and get some practice in after Bristol Corinthian the previous weekend.

Usual format of on the water session followed by video debrief, all on what you want to practice, it's all up to you.

Follow the link to "Coaching sessions" to see where we are, the following link will give you more info on the club

http://www.spinnakerclub.co.uk

Start time advertised as 10:30 am, that's the rigged and ready to sail start time, the kettle will be on by 9:30. Unlikely that we will have any catering on site that day so bring your own butties.

Please let me know if you're coming, any queries, let me know.

Look forward to seeing you

;D

Phil
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

Phil Brown

Reminder about coaching at Spinnaker.

Please reply if you are coming so that we can gauge numbers

Can't guarantee sunny skies, but it should be getting warmer by then. We are sheltered so we will be sailing whatever the weather (not that that prevented BOTH our boats being blown over in the recent gales!  :-/  ).

Phil

James A

Hi, I will be coming along on saturday.
James

Phil Brown

Latest Inshore Forecast outlook to Sat 0600 says SW 3-4 increasing 5-6 so we should get something like 3-4 - good chance to practice boat handling in a bit of breeze ;)

Can't promise sun all day but weather forecast is unsettled with clear or sunny spells and showers on each day, (Sat & Sun) some heavy with a risk of hail and thunder. Says it will be chilly but we shouldn't get any blizzards this weekend!

If you're coming, let me know, I might have to organise some rescue boats  !  :o

Phil

Nigel and Chris (Guest)

Thanks to Phil for an excellent days coaching. we had a really good session
Thanks also to Spinnaker for hosting the training, great day.

Phil's forecast was spot on, so it was quite lively at times.

Where was everyone else? We were the only visitors!
Ah well, our tacking is better. I think our Gybes are less sketchy (not so sure Chris agrees) (water wasn't too cold) (well you do have to test it, don't you?!)

Nigel & Chris 3490

n12 Bottom Banner