National 12 - find out more...

Scottish Championships, Annandale SC

Started by Roly Mo, 11 Apr 2008, 07:40

« previous - next »

Lukepiewalker

Indeed, it was an event of much derring do (General recall for the GPs + smallish venue = ulp!)
A nice variety of boats, one with flames on, which is always a good thing... 8)

John Hugo

Thanks for mentioning my name, Bernard, but mine was a very small contribution to the success of the Scottish Championships.   Team Roly Mo played a major part in setting up and publicising the event. I must also pay tribute to the Annandale S.C. members who always give an enthusiastic welcome to the N12s, and in particular to Sailing Secretary, Andrew Greenhalgh who did an amazing amount of work in the organisation, (including the catering), and in acting as an excellent PRO for the event.  Well sailed Roly Mo.
John Hugo   N3475    

greight expectations

Chadders,
Your language suggests you were there (or somewhere similar)  I quote "gongratulations" or did Bernard also win a medal?
Roger

Well done Bernard

GarryR

Just wondered how many boats were onthe water (in total approx) as I was hoping to suggest this as a venue for the CVRDA at some point and wondered how it would suit.

Roly Mo

Tim Gatti

Great write-up on a great event now posted I see.
Although Seb and I could only make it up in time for the Saturday night Italian meal and the Sunday sailing, it nevertheless was worth making the effort to travel up from Shipley, for a really well hosted and organised event with pleanty of water and wind - despite the lull after lunch on Sunday.  Or perhaps that was planned too, to help our lunch go down!? Thank you Annadale and hope to see you again next year.
A very big thanks too to Howard Chadwick for the loan of a Proctor C mast and to Brian Herring who sold me some bargain sails, so I could get the boat back on the water after 30 years.  No plans to do up any more boats this year so watch out for Purely Platonic at future events (and N341 when I've sorted the minor rot in her keel - oh dear)
Just a minor correction to the write-up - Seb and I were actually sailing a newly restored Mark 12, N2255, 'Purely Platonic', which I finished putting back together at 3pm on Sat, and not Gnasher (N3109) which I restored last year but sold in March.  Sorry if you find it difficult to keep up with all my 'new' old boats!

n12 Bottom Banner