National 12 - find out more...

Sycammore for repair job

Started by THG, 21 May 2008, 09:53

« previous - next »

THG

After having finally fully stripped out the boat I need to do a repair to the gunwhales - need a 2 foot or so piece of sycammore to replace whats been 'eaten away' - anyone have any or any ideas on where I can purchase such wood?
Its a Ledger built Crusader 88 if that helps.
Thanks,
Kean N3339
THG

Julian (Guest)

Kean,
Have you tried Diana at P & I Boats in Chippenham? I'm not sure of her number but as I am visiting there this arvo I'll ask anyway (and get the number for you)
JULIAN (Ex 2538 )

THG

Thanks for suggestions - hoping someone has a spare piece that I can have for a reasonable price.  P&I is a good idea - used them before - Julian if she has something suitbale let me know - I know she works on trust and have sent her cheques after taking stuff from shop - not many chandlers or shops that would do that these days :o

THG

gerry ledger

I have a little sycamore max 32" if you let me know size I ca cut a piece. Dont know were you are but can get it to hykeman if that helps Gerry

THG

Gerry - thanks!!!  I'll sort out the measurements and let you know, then  see you at Hykeham.
Kean
THG

THG

Gerry - need around 24" to fit on one side - I may also replace a couple of 6" runs at the back corners too - so if you can just let me have the longest length you have Ican cut to fit as needed.
Thanks,
Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner