National 12 - find out more...

Advice Please About Buying A N12

Started by newbee, 22 Mar 2008, 11:01

« previous - next »

angus

Late sixties early seventies ents and 12s had the same handicap. 98 I think it was, but I could have it totaly wrong.. I had long hair in them days:-/. I think with a crusader you should manage ok off the present handicap.
Is that you back in the country Tim and back in a 12 or were you just passing through? (Thats england I'm talking about).
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

greight expectations

At Scaling Dam we managed to persuade (like pulling teeth) the race committee to split the 12 fleet int double/single bottom (old /new) which seems to work so long as the race officer knows th e difference between old and new. Just be prepared for negativity and vested interest but keep going why should a 12 of the same age as a GP14 have an advers change of handicap over 15 years,  how can their relative speeds have changed dramatically (in favour of the GP!

Ro ger

newbee

Dear All,
Just to give you some feedback on the original post we are really enjoying our Crusader - N3247.  We have sailed in a mixture of conditions and are starting to generate some better boat speed, but still have a long way to go.
We can't really justify a new set of sails, but was wondering whether anybody had a decent second set for sale.
Garth & Tim

n12 Bottom Banner