National 12 - find out more...

Seen on E-bay

Started by JohnMurrell, 05 Jun 2008, 04:55

« previous - next »

johnk

Surely the question is, what number is carved on the thwart? This would enable one to confirm the design etc. Earlier this year I considered buying on eBay a boat without a number on its thwart. Even though I was sure it was a National 12, the difficulty of getting a valid certificate stopped me going ahead. It might have ended up as N 3520 or something!

Chadders

Looks like a mark10/12 to me but I have asked about sail numbers and any number on the thwart or transom if its that old.  I will post up any info I get.  From what I can see it looks expensive for the age I think it is and the fact that its all painted etc.:-/

FuzzyDuck

Not 100% sure but I once sailed 2405 Complex for a bit and if you look at the picture it does seem to have the deep front 'keel' the Complex had.  I have picture of Complex but cannot seem to post them if any one is interested.
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

THG

The only number on the boat is on the sails N1780, register shows this as a Mark 8, but comment says its sailing Nr Abersoch :-/
THG

Chadders

Hi Chaps I asked the question and the answer is from the person who listed it is:-
"Hi i've finally got this info off the seller,the year was 1959,the sail number is 1780,hope this helps"
Looks like the sail number is correct book says Procter mark 8 called Barnacle built by Rowsell.  As at 15.24 on Friday it is still at its reserve of £200.00.

n12 Bottom Banner