National 12 - find out more...

Spinnaker Open Saturday 14 June

Started by Phil Brown, 21 May 2008, 01:14

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

Pick your oakham, holystone your decks, tar your sails, polish your brass, dust off those oilskins.

It’s Spinnaker N12 Open.

Saturday 14 June 2008

11:00 first race

4 races, 3 to count

Catering being confirmed

BBQ AFTER SAILING

A chance to put back those calories burnt off in the day, prime beefburgers from the Hamptworth Butchery, the finest in the area. BUT we will need to know if you will want one as they’re not your value burgers from Tescos.   :P

We now have 12 boats in the N12 fleet at Spinnaker and we are hoping for a good turnout to show just how keen we are. We already have confirmation of visiting boats, Graham, Mike and probably John, but we have plenty of water for a lot more.

Picking up from the recent thread on culls, this one will not be (from Spinnaker’s calendar).  ;)

The N12 class is a broad church and all are welcome, vintage, AC, DB, club sailors, champions. N12 open meetings are sociable affairs with the emphasis in having a good time with like minded folk and it definitely not about being a would-be hotshot. If you have any doubts about that, please call me (and if you are one, call me anyway and perhaps you give me some tips!)

So, let me know

That you are coming
How many beefburgers you will require
Any problems you need help with
Advice about the day
Crew issues (not the domestic ones, we all have those!)

If you can encourage others at your club to come, even better

Further details of the club at

http://www.spinnakerclub.co.uk/

We very much look forward to seeing you

Email me, call me, reply here

Cheers  :)

Phil Brown
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

tom lee

3258 will be there
can we have 2 burgers please
Tom

Tom<br />N3545

Alex D

We plan to be there in 3246 and are looking forward to it.

(with vegetarian crew so -1 burger thanks).
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

myboatsgotholesin (Guest)

Hi Phil,
Will be there if you and dad have finished repairing my boat...not sure bout crew yet though...anyway ill be having a burger for sure!!
Tom 3184

Phil Brown

Hi Tom

As they say, bend it, mend it!

It was never my idea to take the bottom of your boat off, just trying to get Simon out of a hole (2 actually!)  ;D

We may have a boat or two to spare. I know Felix's boat is available, I'll mention it to Jo tomorrow, all you need then is a crew.

Will one burger be enough??  :P

myboatsgotholesin (Guest)

Depends how big they are...maybe two would be necessary!!! lol. crew would be a start but there seems to be a huge lack of candidates, esp as im not really sailing the whole time anymore. I guess we will see in the nex tweek or so!! see you there
tom 3184

Louisa

Hello, Will anyone be at Spinnaker with N12 T-shirts for sale?  Ladies ones please!  Thanks.
Louisa

philipcosson

Anyone traveling to spinnaker from up north? I have some sails to get down there. i'll start a new thread as well.
Phil
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

Phil Brown

Dave Wilkins tells me he will be sailing at Spinnaker next Saturday. However, it's soooo long since he sailed a N12 (now that he is sailing a boat we dare not mention) that he arrived at the club today to do some jobs on the boat but had to bring his laptop with him as he couldn't remember how to tie a block to the boom!

So , if he's got his head in the bottom of the boat next week, forgive him, he's probably checking on the laptop how much kicker or cunningham to put on!  ;)

Oh, and Tom, Simon left early to sort your bottom out!

MikeDay

Just to confirm that Anne, flipside and I will definitely be there to sail, and we are looking forward to it, but we won't be able to stay for burgers afterwards.  Can we expect some food to be available at lunchtime?

Mike D
N3496

David_Wilkins

Phil - Foul!! I was sailing the Twelve on Wednesday but where were you??? Oh, and will you be planning to launch before the class flag comes down again on Saturday (I believe that starting with the boat pointing towards the first mark rather than towards the rest of the competitors is generally considered the faster option!!!!!!!!!!!) ;)
My slot gasket is now stuck to the hull all the way along its length. I'll have to buy a bit more string before attemting the block on the boom - hopefully I'll get a chance to print off the instructions before I need them and the laptop can stay at home!

I'll be there for a burger or two also.
Looking forward to seeing lots of you there on Saturday.
Remember we're just a few minutes from the coast and in the New Forest so there's plenty for any non sailing family members to do.

Cheers
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Phil Brown

David, foul accepted, I've now done my 720  as a penalty   ;D  

My miserable excuse was I was too busy discussing the plans for the open meeting with Simon to notice flags and hooters and all that sailing stuff !!!

Mike. and everyone, there will be food available at lunchtime and we might even get some tinnies in for after sailing. Any more requests for burgers please let me know  :P

Look forward to seeing you all

THG

Sorry to say won't be able to come, unless I find a way to clone myself and crew!  If it had been Sunday would have been OK :( - looks like some fair winds too.
THG

MattStiles

Me & Joe will be along.  2 burgers please!

Matt

MikeDay

Super day - 10 boats - v.light in the morning, sea breeze in the afternoon.  Many thanks to all at Spinnaker for organising.  Graham and Zoe won with Matt and Joe second.  (And Phil, I sent you an email about some kit I left by mistake - hope I can recover it, thanks)

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner