National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Regatta 2008 and the Red Arrows

Started by JohnMurrell, 30 May 2008, 06:56

« previous - next »

JohnMurrell

As people may have noticed, we are late getting the Programmes out to people this year. This is due firstly to us sucessfully securing major sponsorship from Henri Lloyd and more details will be forthcoming over the next few days and secondly because the Salcombe Town Regatta have been honoured to get the Red Arrows to perform in Salcombe on the 9th August.
The display is timed for 17.00.
If you are thinking of coming to Salcombe this year, this will unfortunately cause some surmountable logistcal problems!  Following a meeting I have been at today I have been advised that there will be major road closurers in place in the WHOLE of Salcombe from 13.00  - 19.00 combined with significant removal of street parking for the day throughout the town. It would appear that the local emergency services allowing for up to 125000 people decending on the town - and thats before any of our Regatta competitors are counted............................................. Also water movement will be curtailed from 16.00 until 17.45
So please, if you have Salcombe Regatta in your diary and are planning on travelling on Saturday can you get down extremely early in the morning and avoid the traffic.
Full details will be posted on the SYC website as they become available.

MikeDay

John

Sounds like fun and chaos in one sweet day.  We'll be there for the SYC week and will plan an early arrival.

Mike D
N3496

JohnMurrell

MikeDay

John

The Henri Lloyd sponsorship is great news.  In the Y&Y piece, it says that entry forms are now available, but I can't see them on the relevant bit of the SYC website.  Am I missing something?

Mike D
N3496

Richard

I can't find the link either.
Richard
2399:)

JohnMurrell

Its right there in the middle of the home page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/
The full programme will be published tomorrow - gremlins allowing:X

n12 Bottom Banner