National 12 - find out more...

A fashion mistake

Started by thedodger, 17 Jun 2008, 11:18

« previous - next »

thedodger

Always at the front when it comes to fashion, the National 12 sailor sets trends where others dare tread. Spotted at a recent event in Ringwood, this well known 12 affectionado was seen wearing a pair of shorts (or was that hot pants) supplied by his loving wife...
Despite the efforts of his crew and some close friends to discourage this outrageous experiment in cross dressing on the race course, he insisted on wearing them throughout the day.
Recognise him? all I can say is I'm not having him near my boat dearie!
Anon

James A

Simon
Not as bad as when Pete May (spinnaker sailor, sorry to all non pondies) used to were Jellies (those sandals that you wore on the beach) sailing his laser.
James

Tim Gatti

But surely this just shows the suitability of the N12's catchphrase  'dare to be different' so enthusiastically championed in recent posts?!  Tim

Jimbo41

Now I really think the papparazis of the boating world should restrict themselves to publishing photgraphs taken exclusively above the waterline!!!!

Roly Mo

Some of us will remember a certain N12 sailor dazzling us with turquoise cycling shorts (borrowed from his female crew) at Norfolk a few years ago. Truly a sight to behold - the string of beads being the final touch. 
I still maintain that ICM's combination of a Harris Tweed jacket worn over a Henry's Cat pullover with knee length shorts takes some beating in the sartorial elegance stakes, and am looking forward to seeing Vintage fashions at large (perhaps an outing for the Pith Helmet Vince?) at YOSC for their birthday celebrations in September.

RM

angus

I still havn't worked out what the fuss is about, I'd be proud to own a pair of shorts like that, Not so sure about the legs though:o
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner