National 12 - find out more...

Tynemouth Open Meeting Sunday 22nd June

Started by MarkSimpson, 19 Jun 2008, 01:01

« previous - next »

MarkSimpson

For anybody wishing to enjoy a day yachting on the open sea.  Howard Elcock has advised me that the first race is likely to start at 11am on sunday morning.  I expect that if we venture outside the harbour then all three races will be held back to back, as has been the case the last couple of years.  Don't forget to allow about 30 minutes to sail out to the starting area.
Not sure how many boats are going to show.  Emma and I are going, John and Alison are likely to be there and Angus and Rohan are coming all the way from bonny Scotland.  Feel free to post below if you are planning on coming.

Cheers
Mark

Roly Mo

Will be sad to miss it but have decided to keep the momentum going with Ellie and Xanthus and do Ripon Regatta instead.  Ellie is a social animal and the promise of a disco and BBQ have proved a great attraction!
RM

Chadders

Apologies from Team Squidgy Bits (and other 12's) but I am wearing my vintage hat at Trent Valley on Sunday where we have a vintage open meeting.  Brian Herring and Ian Purkis have also indicated they are going to TVSC.  On the plus side Neil and Tim are both planning to sail at Tynemouth as far as I know so have a good time chaps and see you all at Grimwith/Yorkshore Dales if not before.
Howard C aka Chadders
N2, N2266, N2769 and N3356

john brookes

looking forward to sailing with those visiting Tynemouth,
Regards,
John,
N3495

Tim Gatti

I'll be there with N2255 and hoping it's not too wet and windy. Tim

Tim Gatti

Thanks to all at Tynemouth SC for bringing the Committee / Safety boats all the way over from South Shields and setting everything up for the Open Meeting planned for yesterday.  Just a pity the weather didn't play ball - although on this occasion the weather forecasters seemed to have it spot on !
It's good to be reminded how much more resource, kit and kaboodle is needed to set up racing at the bigger venues - as compared to a small venue like Yeadon, for example.
A great shame that so may sailing events were wiped out yesterday - but the consolation prizes at Tynemouth in the form of excellent bacon butties and a fish and chip lunch on Fish Quay after an invigorating coast walk, were well worth the winning.  Thanks again to all involved. Tim

n12 Bottom Banner