National 12 - find out more...

Ideas for the new N12 poster

Started by grazz, 17 Jun 2008, 09:13

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

Surely the best advert for the class is for us all to get our boats on the water EVERY weekend!!
Kevin

. . . . which is about grass roots sailing . .  at the club level.

Much navel gazing and pontification seems to have taken place on this and related subjects, forum threads, debates.

Has anyone done any market research OUTSIDE of the class? We all know why we sail N12's, and it's for as many reasons as there are designs. BUT we are clearly seen to struggle against other classes.

How about a questionnaire for completion by non N12 sailors that we can take round our own clubs to find out what people think? Or might the answers be unpalatable??
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

paul turner

Hope that I am not going to upset too many people, but I really don't think that our current N12 logo means anything to anyone out there - except N12 sailors! Sorry, peeps, but it's meaningless! Where's the boat? ??)

grazz

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Myself and Jeremy are working on something at the mo.

Phil, we did a survey for both existing 12 sailors and also potential sailors in 2006. The results are on the site at:
http://www.national12.org/surveys/70th_Census/survey_70th_Census.shtml 

and in the 2003 newsletter I wrote an article benchmarking various characteristics of the 12
http://www.national12.org/private/Newsletter/Annual%20Newsletter/2003/newsletter2003.pdf

Always up for new input / new ideas on what we can do though

happy sailing

Graham

Martin

I have in my memorabilia file an old double sided A3 sized class poster of photos in black and white taken by R Lean Vercoe in the 1980s.  I think I acquired it before I  started sailing 12's in the 90's.  It features 12's at speed on the sea and even now the boats look impressive.
Personally, I think exciting sells boats and that poster certainly worked for me - eventually. 

n12 Bottom Banner