National 12 - find out more...

Solway Yacht Club Open Meeting, 5 and 6 July

Started by Roly Mo, 17 Jun 2008, 09:02

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

The third meeting of the Lairwell Trophy series will take place at Solway Yacht Club on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 July.  

Solway Yacht Club is situated in the picturesque seaside village of Kippford, on Scotland's glorious Galloway coast.  Racing will take place in the estuary and in Rockcliffe Bay and the Notice of Race is posted on the website.

SYC always make us extremely welcome and those who have been before know just what a super place this is for an open event.  If anyone wants any information about the event please get in touch or post your questions here.

Hope to see you there

Mrs RM

angus

Sorry we cann't make it, actually heading North that weekend to Findhorn.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

icecreamman

We shall be there to enjoy the sailing and the hospitality off the water. Joe is dying to get back to see the shell beach.
:D The Ice Cream Family

Tim Gatti

Plans are being hatched to travel up early on the Saturday morning with N2255 and my son Seb - who crewed at Annandale.  He's looking forward to some sailing on the sea.  Just need to give Ian Purkis a call and see if his offer of accommodation on the Saturday night still stands!  Tim

Roly Mo

Great - look forward to seeing you there.
RM

MarkSimpson

Team Simpson will be there.  Toby and Anna are looking forward to another camping trip!
See you all there.
Mark

Roly Mo

Mark,
Good to hear you're coming.  I understand course maps will be available
B

Little Bo

FYI Team RM, the Icecream Family and co will be staying at Kippford Holiday Park.  We have pitches booked and are all looking forward to it immensely.  The shorebound will be leading a Gruffalo hunt in the woods whilst you boring lot go afloat.  For those who don't know, if you want to avoid being eaten by a Gruffalo you either have to wear glasses (they don't like the glass and metal) or eat apples (watch those kids eat their fruit).
Mrs RM

icecreamman

Tim I will try to remember to bring you those old Elvstroms I have kicking about to Kippord for you

angus

There appears to have been a change of plan I we may now be heading south instead of north... Trailer allowing of course. Ended up having to get the AA out twice to get home on sunday, at least we didn't miss any sailing..
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Just a quick last reminder that the Scottish Series takes to the sea this coming weekend, with a visit to Kippford for our 3rd meeting, hosted by Solway Yacht Club.
Looks like we will have a good fleet, here's hoping we get good weather too!
RM

Roly Mo

The weather may have been less than kind, but a splendid turnout (which beat all expectations and then some), the good company, wonderful organisation by SYC and a great party on Saturday night courtesy of Ian and Margaret made it a memorable weekend.  Great to see some of the Vintage fleet out racing at sea too.:)
Definitely a 'definite' for 2009's programme, and big big thanks to Angus for offering to take on the role of Scottish Rep.
Mrs RM

Tim Gatti

Hear, hear! The wet weather could have put a real dampener on things but it was a sparkling weekend. 
Ian and Margaret were great hosts and the hospitality and hot food laid on at the Club kept us warm and well fed. 
The racing was well organised with plenty of wind and water and challenges for all the fleet - a healthy mixture of vintage boats, Admiral's Cuppers and DB's turning up.
Something for everyone and a definite for next year's calendar.  There was even talk of doing Kippford Week if the non-sailing elements of the family can be pursuaded to sample the many other delights around the Solway region. Tim.

Tim Gatti

A few photos from the event including Stewart in a very fetching woolly jumper.  Can't imagine a better place to sail.

Lukepiewalker

Apologies I couldn't make it for the banter, I was occupied with the Mirrors at Annandale.

n12 Bottom Banner