National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week 2008 dates

Started by John Meadowcroft, 01 Jun 2007, 10:12

« previous - next »

THG

THG

Jimbo41

Any accommodation guides or recommendations - we're booking long distance?

Jim N3470 and 3130

Antony

All we have at the moment is the Tourist Information office at:

The Den
Sea Front
Teignmouth
TQ14 8BE
United Kingdom
Email: teigntic@teignbridge.gov.uk

Tel: 01626 215666

The only other thing i can suggest until we have been down there to meet the club is that you play on Google and see what you find.

Antony

Tom_Gruitt_www.fotoboat.com

http://www.iknow-devon.co.uk/accommodation/15921-hoseasons_devon_valley-teignmouth.htm

Here is a caravan and chalet place in Teignmouth, might be worth a look. Shaldon, just over the river has a few places too I think.

Hope this helps

Tom

grazz

Are we sailing from the dinghy part of the club, on the south side of the estuary, or the East cliff part on the north side? (critical for finding accommodation within stumbling distance)

Thanks
Zoe

Antony

Sorry for the belated posting reply to the question from Zoe, but i can now report back with the confidence of somebody that has been there!

John M, Michael, Janet, Kevan and I went to meet the team from TCYC on Saturday.  The place looks lovely, the team are very organised and impressive, and the weather was perfect for a day of championship sailing!

The answer to the question Zoe asked is that the boats will be living on the Teignmouth side, between the little pier and the mouth of the estuary.  There will be a full regatta office and facilities at the dinghy park, as well as the bar and catering for the evenings at the other end of the promenade in the clubhouse.

Time to book the holiday and find some accommodation.........

Antony

Antony3514

Website suggestion from the club for those looking for accomodation:

http://www.southdevon.org.uk/

It does look pretty good, and needless to say the flats on the front are very handy for both the club and the boats.

Antony

Antony3514

I have finally managed to send an entry form and cheque to Janet.

At this point we should probably make a small confession, if you enter early you will find that you have significantly less distance to pull your boat every morning and evening.  This information, along with so much else, is in the delayed mailing that should be with people by the end of next week.

If anybody wants thoughts on where to stay, whether to come etc. then feel free to get in touch with either myself or John Meadowcroft who can be reached at chairman@national12.org.

Enter early, enter often...

Antony
N3514

Antony (Guest)

With just over a month to go until Burton Wk it is not too late to sort out the details and join us. 
IF you are missing a boat, crew, helm or two of the above then let me know asap and John M and I will do our best to play matchmakers.... two generous owners of top boats have just agreed to lend them to two kean younger helms that were looking for a boat to borrow.
Antony

n12 Bottom Banner