National 12 - find out more...

Hunstanton

Started by Fran G (Guest), 21 Jul 2008, 12:17

« previous - next »

Fran G (Guest)

Just back from a few holidays and looking forward to a weekend in Hunstanton for this weekend Gill event.
Its probably somewhere on the website but I had a quick look and couldn't find it.... so a couple of questions

• Is there camping?
  • What time is first start?
  • Where is the club, presume I head for the sea but any other clues?
  • How many races are we doing?
Forecast looks lovely.  Hope those up in Norfolk already are having a lovely time.

Love Fran
Zipperdeedoodah

Little Bo

Hi Fran
To answer your points in order (details under 'Next Events' as North West Norfolk Week):

no camping at the club at all.  Nearest site is Searles in Hunstanton, but you need to book, not stayed there but know folk who have and it's certainly handy for the town.  There is also a site at Wells (Pinewoods) but it's a lot further away, and some of us are on the Camping and Caravan Club site at Sandringham (think you can stay there if you aren't a member - it's about 10 minutes from Hunstanton).  Give us a ring this evening if you want more details (number in the book).

first start is (I think) 2pm but you need to be there earlier to get parked up etc.  High water is 13.30pm so launching will be interesting(?).

Drive into Hunstanton (turn left at first roundabout by big watertower, right at next roundabout, past Tesco, and take the left turn where the road swings sharply right.  Turn left at the green and just after the grassed area there is a turning down to the prom.  Steep and has a wicked speed bump.  You will be directed once you get there in terms of where to park etc.

Two races Saturday, two Sunday.

Club usually has food on and there is also a very good tea bar just near the slipway (bacon rolls, mugs of tea, ice creams etc).

See you there
Shore support for Roly Mo

FuzzyDuck

Talking to Gerry Ledger at the weekend, he told me there is free camping at Snettisham Beach.  So I was just going to turn up there and throw a tent up.
Is this true Gerry??
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Kevin

What a fantastic weekend! The forecast was completely wrong (of course). Brilliant sunshine all weekend a nice force 2-3 on Saturday with a bit more on Sunday giving stonking reaching. Someone won, the other 30 of us didn't. Results available shortly, watch this space.
Kevin

Antony (Guest)

I think that yesterday was the best sail of the year so far.  It was a pity that we followed it wiith the worst drive home in some years.  I have already forgotten the drive home, the sailing is a happy memory.
Sorry to leave before the prizes and thank you, the club did a top job.
Roll on Teignmouth, and some more sun and waves.  Still crewing, helming, boat and even possilby accomodation around to the last minute attendee.
Antony

Adele (Guest)

Indeed, it was a fantastic and most enjoyable weekend and by far one of the best sails I've had (even if I did rather embarassingly show Tom what it feels like to be at the back end of the fleet!!) Many thanks to those who organised it, I can't wait until I can next escape out again and to try and remember how to sail!

Adele

Kevin

Results as promised are attached. (Or maybe not! See below instead)
Kevin

Rank    Helm                      Crew
1          Graham Camm       Zoe Ballantyne
2          Jon Ibbotson           Charlotte Stewart
3          Steve Sallis              Joanne Sallis
4          Antony Gifford          Jo Gifford
5          Tom Stewart           Adele Cameron
6          Kevin Iles                Lindsey Iles
7          Paul Pelling              Freya / Hester / Guy Pelling
8          Frances Gifford        Sophie Mackley
9          Gavin Willis              Sabrina Willis
10        Ian Gore                 Frankie Turley