National 12 - find out more...

Swanage regatta 2nd & 3rd August

Started by thedodger, 28 Jul 2008, 06:53

« previous - next »

thedodger

A few Spinnaker 12's are going, anyone fancy joining us for some fun at Swanage at regatta.
Details at http://www.swanagesailingclub.org.uk/Notices/Regat08/Regatta08.htm
Great local camp site (called California camp site) so we can all get together during the event.
Let me know if you would like to come.
email swalworths at aol.com (change at for @)
maybe see you there.
Simon
N3454

thedodger

Saturday was absolutely awesome, bright sunshine and gusts up to 30+ knots. Have to say Rosie and I were varying between out of control and totally out of control but what fun. As we usually sail on a lake and spend our time chasing a breeze, the difference was unbelievable. Although I have done a lot of sea sailing, this was Rosie's fourth or so outing but she only wanted more blasting along, not less - so all is looking good for future events.
We were joined by Ian and Georgina Stables, new Spinnaker members and new n12 owners. Talk about a baptism by fire, but they both enjoyed the blast even when they lost a stern bag in a particularly spectacular capsize. Talking about Ian and Georgina, you should see the boat (3404), Ian has completely renovated her and she looks absolutely stunning (pics to follow). Like me, Ian is a returnee to dinghies after a long and continuing career offshore sailing. You will no doubt meet Ian and Georgina at a meeting soon.
Anyway, you lot, you all missed the fun, the sailing was cracking and great practice for those going to Burton Week. I reckon Swanage wouyld make a great venue for a Burton week, we were all made very welcome and the sailing is great in the bay and offshore.

Ian Stables

Here Here......
A great event and some incredible sailing before our wipe out, a big thank you to Swanage Sailing Club for the organisation and the venue and to the Spinnaker sailors for making it great fun.
P.S. First pic of 3404 on the boat database, more to follow soon.
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

n12 Bottom Banner