National 12 - find out more...

For those of you who may camp in Cheddar......

Started by James Taylor, 28 Jul 2008, 07:42

« previous - next »

James Taylor

Whatever you do, do not stay at Broadway House Campsite not far from BCYC.  It was the worst night we have ever had with no late night control over the site so we didnt get hardly any sleep becoz of the music, screaming and chaos.
The managers attitude stinks who said the we were holding them to ransom because we asked for a refund.  We got an apology but no goodwill gesture.  They said they have owned the site 4 weeks, are aware there are problems and they have noone manning the site at nightime. We paid £24 for our little tent for the night and the worst nights sleep ever and dated and grubby toilets in the morning. 
So, at your next bcyc open meeting or you want to take your family somewhere nice with your caravan or tent, dont go here I wouldnt recommend it to familes!
If you do know of any nice campsites in the area please let me or James know so we can get some sleep in before the sailing!
Thanks
Emma
N3402

Jimbo41

Quote from: 161Whatever you do, do not stay at Broadway House Campsite not far from BCYC.  It was the worst night we have ever had with no late night control over the site so we didnt get hardly any sleep becoz of the music, screaming and chaos.
The managers attitude stinks who said the we were holding them to ransom because we asked for a refund.  We got an apology but no goodwill gesture.  They said they have owned the site 4 weeks, are aware there are problems and they have noone manning the site at nightime. We paid £24 for our little tent for the night and the worst nights sleep ever and dated and grubby toilets in the morning. 
So, at your next bcyc open meeting or you want to take your family somewhere nice with your caravan or tent, dont go here I wouldnt recommend it to familes!
If you do know of any nice campsites in the area please let me or James know so we can get some sleep in before the sailing!
Thanks
Emma
N3402

So nothing's changed. We had a look in on the site a few years ago doing a quick tour of GB going on to Dum and Mads in Devon, and decided not to stay. We drove further and reached Kingsbridge, tired, but relieved. Definitely no place to camp then. Imagine what it could be like in torrential rain:
The night was dark and stormy,
 the rain was pouring in,
the sausage slept by the baked beans in the tin.....
Cheers!
Jim N3470, N3130 and T1293

Pip

Sorry to hear about your bad night Emma!
However, BCYC has always allowed people to camp at the club for events and there are normally campervans crowding up the carpark. They used to (not sure if this is still true) have the clubhouse open for those requiring comfort breaks in the middle of the night and there are often bacon butties the next morning.  It's no campsite, but it is free!

n12 Bottom Banner