National 12 - find out more...

Burton Cup Race. Crew Wanted

Started by Richard, 06 Aug 2008, 07:36

« previous - next »

Richard

Mr. Jones, N2399, will be sailing in the Burton Cup Race on the Wednesday. If any one would like to crew leave a message here or call me my numbers in the hand book.
Richard White8)

Dinner lady

Hi Richard,
Lesley Iles here,Burton Cup winning crew of 1996 so suitably experienced in single bottom boats! I did Norfolk Week last week but probably not quite as agile as I was twelve years ago (but still just over 9 stone). I am down for the week but not keen on getting desperatly competative again, however the Burton Cup in a nice old boat is tempting. I presume its fitted with its own sunshine machine?! If I fit the bill please let me know either here of through the handbook under Kevin Iles.
See you there anyway
Lesley

Richard

Thanks! see you there...........

paul turner

Hi Richard! Delighted to see that you are definately sailing Mr Jones at the Burton Cup, and what with Tim Gatti taking N2255 for the week, this has further inspired me to get Starfish N2020 sea worthy to join you on the Wednesday only. Tricia and Dave have offered me overnight accomodation - I just need a crew for the day! Any volunteers out there for a sedate trip round the day in the original 1962 Starfish? She is pretty much in her original racing condition as verified by her original owner, designer and builder Mike Nokes! :)RSVP

paul turner

Hi Guys! Still no offers of a crew for the Burton Cup (Wednesday only) :'(- and it's only a week away! Any volunteers?

antony (Guest)

Paul,
Do not give up, indeed make sure your other logistics are in order to come.  I will ask John to scout at Salcombe, and if it comes down to the wire we will try to rusttle somebody up when we get to Teignmouth at the weekend.
Antony

paul turner

Thanks Anthony! It would be a long way to drive not to get a sail! And I am really looking forward to taking the old yot out onto the sea. The last time I sailed a clinker boat at the Burton was my China Doll N2524 "Ethelred" back in the early 1970s. Cheers, Paul

Jimbo41

Paul,
You weren't ready for it then - are you now? (as in "Ethelred the Unready"?)
Cheers!
Jim.
P.S. Got your dangly pole painted white yet? Plus carpet slippers?
It's ok. - I'm just P***ed *ff I can't make it this year....:'(

paul turner

Thank you Jimbo, for your most helpful and worthwhile contribution to my search for a crew for the Burton Cup - really very much appreciated ::)
- and it was "Ethelred the Unsteady", actually.;D

Tasarteaser (Guest)

Paul, 
no hard feelings I hope. I realize the name related either to "unready" or "unsteady". That´s why the dangly pole can double up as a white stick in the latter context 
But seriously, I think it´s great that at least 3 vintage boats are going to be on the water for at least part of Burton Week. My suggestion to Fotoboat would be to shoot/digitally process these boats in sepia. it would give a really authentic "blast from the past" feeling to the Burton Cup race. Mind you all get kitted out in the appropriate authentic gear of the past though.
Cheers, and Good Luck in finding crew!!!!
Jim. N3470, 3130 and T1293

n12 Bottom Banner