National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week information?

Started by Andy (Guest), 09 Aug 2008, 08:30

« previous - next »

Andy (Guest)

Hi,
What's the social plan for Burton week - what day and where is the meal etc?
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Andy

Andy (Guest)

Oops, just checked my emails and have seen the details in 'The Latest Chapter' . . .

antony (Guest)

Andy,
I am glad you found the social diary for the week.  If you, or any others out there, have any questions about next week before you set off then let me know.  John and Katy are now down in Salcombe, camping with the boys.........

Antony

sam293

what nights are we going to need to cook for ourselves?
sam

Alex D

I assume there will be opportunity for a bit of measuring? I have sails that need attention.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Antony (Guest)

Sam,
Does the social calander not give you enough information about food?  If not i will try to clarify, but from memory i identified Monday as the night we definitely needed a plan!
Alex,
Measuring some sails, if that is what you mean, should be possible.  Bear in mind that there are only four measurers currently entered for the event and two of them have other organisational commitments.
Antony

Antony (Guest)

Sam,
I am sorry, i have just looked at what John sent out last week and it is extremely vague on the subject of food. 
I am pretty sure that there will be food available at the club every evening, but that the only night that it is 'free' is the Sunday where i think that the club offered us the usual buffet to accompany their reception.  I am going to try to talk to John later and will see if there is anything more to add.
Antony

Tim Gatti

Meds asked me to post this re boat parking for Burton Week at TCYC
Extract of email from TCYC :"We always anticipate that we will get some early arrivals on the Friday afternoon of any event, so Alec our Beachmaster will be on duty from 14.00 - 17.00 that day at The Point and will be able to let boats in for parking, at competitor's own risk of course. When he leaves at 17.00 he locks the road bollards in place, which provides a degree of security as cars can't then get in. 
We mark out Upper Den Carriageway in numbered slots and people also get given a trolley tally with the same number to fix on their launchers. This will also be their tally number for launch/recovery.
If anyone arrives after 17.00, they can either take the boat to their digs or park it on the promenade below our clubhouse. There is a gate at the entrance to that part of the promenade, but it isn't locked, just bolted.
I will put up the directional signs on lamposts, etc, to guide people to The Point on Thursday evening."
Cheers
Tim

FuzzyDuck

Just googling the area on satelitte to work out the way there.
Are we parking the boats on the promanade or in the car park near the point?
Or am I wrong on both counts?
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Antony (Guest)

Simon,
Basically the boats live on the Prom just beside that Car Park that is the point at the mouth of the Estuary.  There is a slipway down to the beach from that corner of the car park, which is how we get to the water.
Antony

FuzzyDuck

Thought so, see you Saturday for what looks like a windy week!
Any idea how many boats are going and how many are AC?  Intereste who the competition is in the AC fleet.

Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Antony (Guest)

Things to remember when packing:
The certificate!! For those that have not been before you need to bring the certificate that proves you have a N12, and will be asked to hand it over when you register. 
Old N12 merchandise, another Meds social plan... see the last email from our esteemed Chairman.  If you are new to the class do not worry, either wear something very old from another class or just enjoy mocking the tat that others wear!
Fancy dress to the theme of N12 designs or names.  It does not have to be related to your own boat (ours being called Elise and so offering no obvious humour this is important).
Suncream... we are going to have the best week of weather of this summer.
If you do have any measuring that needs doing can you please make contact asap to let us know, there are only four measurers at the event and they are all on their holidays too.
Simon, sorry but i have not seen an entry list. 
Antony

Kevin

Antony,
It might not be obvious to you but it jumps out at me. Elise is an anagram of Elsie, which immediately conjours up a picture of Elsie Tanner in Coronation Street. Now, even though I have never watched the programme, she is so famous that everyone knows what she looks like. The challenge for you is to see whether you are able to pass yourself off as her.
Kevin

Geoff & Amelia

Hope you all enjoy Burton Week.

I would like to do a virtual entry for my 'Burton week 1989' sweatshirt, it is a classy royal blue number (now consigned to painting).

Look forward to seeing lots of you at Northampton.

Have a good week
Amelia

n12 Bottom Banner