National 12 - find out more...

Deseprately Seeking N3038 - Man Friday

Started by Dave Tobias, 31 Aug 2008, 11:08

« previous - next »

Dave Tobias

Sorry if this is posted to the wrong forum, but I'm brand new here having joined about 30 seconds ago.  That aside, I'd really love to know where this boat is now, who owns it and whether they might consider seliing it.  I owned this boat in the kate 80's and early 90's at Redesmere Sailing Club.  Raced it just about every single week, rain or shine, with a considerable degree of success at the time.  Now embarking on my first of probably many mid life crises and would love to be able to reminisce the halcyon days of my youth.  If anyone knows anything about this boat - I'd be very grateful to hear.  Many thanks.

terrycooke (Guest)

Man Friday was last seen in the ownership of Tony/James Edwards at Nottingham Sailing Club a couple of years ago and was well being well looked after but not sailed.
Number is in the book, 

Crusader 3244

Hi Dave, I'm sorry I can't offer any offer any news of 'Man Friday' but I can bring news of Redesmere.
I had been away from sailing for maybe twenty years but I signed up to family memebership at Redesmere less than one month ago. They're doing well  with a healthy membership and I can testify they are very welcoming to new members. They are well organised for instructing, race training and youth development with a number of club boats available to members. I even raced one of they're training boats (GP) and on the basis of an advatageous PH (no previous form) I won!.
Brian Herring is still associated with the club and I gather there are about a half dozen twelves connected to the club. I may be the most resent convert to the twelves since I purchsed 'Why Can't You!?' yesterday and already I can feel the warm and enthusiasm of the twelves wafting over me. Apart from that the purchase has put an end to my delusions of my buying one of those plastic MODs that abound now for around four times the cost.

Redesmere hosted a round of the NW Junior Tavellers Trophy on Saturday and attracted around sixty entries. Redesmere is home to Elliot Hanson who has cleaned up in the Toppers this season - Europeans at Tralee Bay, Nationals at Paignton, and the Inlands :- 1st in all!   Are you still living in the area? You're welcome to drop by.
-Chris Palmer
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner