National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley Saturday 20th September

Started by paul turner, 14 Sep 2008, 09:15

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings All! Kick off on Saturday will be at 11.00 first race and hopefully the second before lunch. By popular request, with having lost so many other meetings this year, we have extended the event to include AC boats. Entries declared so far (with various call backs awaited)....
N1620 Ian Purkis
N1657 Brian Kitching + Charis Richardson (to be confirmed) (Chimp)
N2020 Ken Goddard + Ann Britton (The Starfish)
N2255 Tim Gatti + Shirley Dooley (Mk12)
N2266 Howard Chadwick + (a Starfish)
N2468 Brian Herring + Roz (China Doll)
N2487 Paul Turner + Christine Marshall (China Doll)
F3006 Bill Silvester (he was lonely and we may have another Firefly joining us from FOSsc!)
N2957 John Sears + Murph (Pipedream)
N2998 Peter Ferguson (Pipedream)
N3107 Ian Norman + daughters (Tigress)
N3157 Ben Richardson (Microclipper)
N3192 Ally Briton + Joss Richardson (Tigress)
N3230 John Nixon (Crusader) hopefully
We would be delighted to get lots more entries! And if any DBs turn up they will be made welcome!
If you want any more info please call me on 07710 324 800 or email aul@alverbanksails.co.uk">paul@alverbanksails.co.uk :K)

angus

so thats why nobodies coming to Tummel!??)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

paul turner

Sorry Angus, but we have another 2/3 boats extra booked in!
Tony Elgar N2760 (Cheshire Cat), and Chris Palmer N3244 (Crusader) plus Vince Phillips (Whisper) - but only if it's under force three!
And there's still four more days to go.......8)

paul turner

Weather forecast is looking good for Saturday - no clouds, solid sunshine and a 6 knot south-westerly. And we could still accomodate a few more yots! More than happy to take entries on the day, but if you could ring me on 07710 324 800 in advance would help with catering. :K)

Crusader 3244

Yep, the weather should definately be on our side, Paul. This is what metoffice.gov.uk say, "<a name="view"> A ridge of High pressure extends across the UK from Scandinavia. An intense Low pressure system lies close to Iceland. Associated fronts will push southeastwards across the north of the UK
bringing heavy rain to northern and western Scotland.
" Hopefully we should get to see some sun. ....My 'vitamin D' could do with a lift. Enough sun to give the breeze a lift - is that too much to wish for? ;) </a>
Chris, 3244

Tim Gatti

Hi Paul - turnout and weather looks extremely promising. I look forward to seeing you there. Are you planning a mass start or, preferably,  will there be separate starts for the vintage and non-vintage fleets?
Tim

paul turner

Yo Gattiman! More than 14 on the start line at Trent Lock gets a bit frantic so we will almost certainly have two starts. Px :K)

Ian Norman

Looking forward to the morning.  Bringing Louis and Nicole to share the crewing.  It should be sunny :)
Zarniwoop - N3107

Tim Gatti

Thanks to Paul and Team TVSC for the gentle and sunny sail on the Trent we all had on Saturday. The fickle breeze came ....and went. The current flowed and often took us back to where we had started and the pleasure cruisers and Sea Scouts did their best to get in our way - or so it appeared.  But I think we all enjoyed ourselves - well I did anyway! Tim.

Crusader 3244

Ben and I enjoyed the outing and agree TVSC is a club of great cham and character in a nice setting. Many thanks to all involved for a well managed event. Committee appeared to us to do a great job of marshalling the cruisers and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience on moving water.
Two super races in light , shifty breeze before lunch. I'm afraid  we weren't up to the challenge of making the upstream mark during the third after the breeze faded and we collapsed in a fit of giggles during the attempt.
Nonetheless, the sight of six ACs competing for slack water and trying to compact themselves into the space of one boat was in itself highly amusing; then even more so when another eight boats of the vintage fleet caught up and joined the scrum.:o If we hadn't have been there we would have missed the looks of entertainment and bemusement on the faces of onlookers!
Count us in for next year, Paul and don't forget to let us know if pictures of the event are made available for viewing. :)
Chris, 3244

paul turner

Thank you for your kind comments Chris & Gattiman, and to all who supported us; the report from Christine Marshall, with photos from Gainsboro (Mr Herring) will be posted elsewhere but the sight of sixteen non DB boats competing on our bit of the Trent was a joy to behold! We even had a good turnout of spectators of former N12 sailors (of senior years) including Mike & Ann Nokes, Barry Judge (N1733) and Phil Reader.
The price I had to pay for the fab turnout from our Laser fleet (race officer, rescue boat driver, two helming and various crews) was to sail my Laser in their Open the day after - they had only 11 entries and even less wind! I had a miserable day :( the Laser is up for sale ;D- and I came last :'(
See y'all at Ripon! Px

Crusader 3244

Great write up Christine!  See you all again at Ripon and Yeadon:)
Chris, 3244

Ian Norman

Great Day ........ thanks Paul for sorting and fab to see all the 12's out on the river.  See you all soon :)
Zarniwoop - N3107

n12 Bottom Banner