Post reply

Warning - while you were reading 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Message icon:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
To stop spammers please enter the number associated with the class (National__):

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: John M
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »

The weather won...

Six boats put their masts up...  Well done to them.
Three launched...
Two completed a race...

The plan is to try again in October apparently

It was jolly cold. My boat never got of the garage, let alone on the road to Burghfield.  Frankly, I am hoping for warmer weather when we go skiing in April.
Posted by: StuW
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:36:06 PM »

Same here unfortunately. Weather around us is meant to be pretty bad so as I was in two minds anyway we are giving it a miss.
Stuart and Theo
Posted by: 3513SL
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:14 PM »

A few Laser events have also been cancelled as has a local Finn Open.

We're not too keen on a 2hr30min drive towing the N12 in the snow, to then sail with a windchill of minus 5c!

The roads probably won't be too bad but we won't be risking it tomorrow unfortunately.
Posted by: ifoxwell
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »

Things are stacking up against us being able to attend I'm afraid.

The clutch went on the car yesterday, although its at Mr Clutch as I type and will hopefully be fixed... however Hannah isn't so keen on the weather!

We have weather warnings in place for the south east now, and given that we will be having our daughter and dog looked after by friends she is naturally concerned that even if she could pluck up the courage to go sailing, the journey there and back could be quite fraught!

From what I hear that Exmoor Beasty and Bala Massacre have been cancelled so who makes that call on our open, given that I expect many of us will be travelling?

Posted by: ifoxwell
« on: March 13, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »

We have only said Pepsi once so far, and that was in very light winds... so the current forecast of cold, possibly snow, and a good breeze is looking a little intimidating.

Not that will stop us coming along but it would be nicer if the wind would calm down a bit or the weather warm up


Posted by: Kevin
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »

This has been one of my favourite events for the past few years, itís great fun. The short race lengths means nobody gets left miles behind and the quick turnaround between them stops you getting cold. If you can get there, I highly recommend this event. Gutted to have to be missing it this year.

Posted by: tom lee
« on: March 11, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »

Hi Ian

We are expecting to run about 8 short races of about 15-20minutes.
Courses are likely to be single lap trapezoids with one or two beats but the SIs will give the option of going round the cans using the fixed club marks.
The OKs will use the same marks but dufferent start the trapezoid course allows an inner loop and outer loop which almost guarantees that the two fleets never meet.
We usually have 15-20 N12s and a dozen OKs

SIs should be published during the week.

See you on Saturday

Posted by: ifoxwell
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »

So Hannah and I are hoping to bring Pepsi along to Burghfield for our first 12 open meeting. Its a bit complicated with family commitments etc but Ive just pay'd the entry to provide us with some added incentive :-)

Its described as fast a furious event so what can we expect. I do vaguely know Burghfield from racing a Blaze there 12+ years ago so what are we likely to have in the way for courses, number of laps, how many boats, will we be on the same course as the OK's etc etc.



Pepsi 3441
n12 Bottom Banner

Back to top