National 12 - find out more...

N3435 Super Fast Jelly Fish

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 24 Sep 2007, 10:11

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3435 Super Fast Jelly Fish.  Design: Feeling Foolish, designed by: Bim Daser in 1995
Original boat name: 'Fraid Not!

JohnMurrell

The hull was built by MD Boats which I bought it from Derek Davies as a hull with the floor and front bulkhead fitted with the intention of finishing her off as a winter project, however as always work intervened and I got Linton Jenkins to do all the woodwork and I then painted, varnished and fitted her out.

The name 'fraid not!' comes from the sail number and I will let you work that one out!

Bob Murrell (Guest)

I bought 'fraid not from John in 2000 and have cared for her loving ever since. Maggie & I have had some success with her winning numerous club races / series and also the Desborough Open Meeting in 2004.
Originally fully flat floored, I modified her in 2004 to give Maggie foot room and a thwart with much improved the comfort at the business end.
I added a carbon rig in 2005, new P&B main in 2008 and a full P&B suit and top cover in 2010.
She still looks as good as she did in John's photo when she was new.

Ian Clarke

We bought N3435 from Bob in May 2011 and re-christened her Superfast Jellyfish.  She has been much cherished by the family and we have had some great sailing in her.  Last year she had a major refit with all the decks professionally stripped, epoxied and revarnished by JJ Boats and a complete re-stringing exercise - very important to have the right coloured strings!!  She still looks amazing in her original red.
Unfortunately a lack of time - and teenagers who want to do other things - mean that we will be selling her soon. :(

Naomi (Guest)

Now found a new loving home at olton mere! Can't wait to hit the water

n12 Bottom Banner