National 12 - find out more...

Adjusted handicaps

Started by Mike S (Guest), 11 May 2006, 09:47

« previous - next »

Mike S (Guest)

Hi
I've just sent off my entry for Bass Week - first time back for me for over 25 years. Everything seems to be exactly as it was all those years ago apart from the fact there's no class start and we mix it with the menagerie.

Saw the note about Tummel Week (another one I've not been to for donkey's years.) Does anyone know if BSC are also up for applying the adjusted handicaps for older boats? Has anyone requested this in the past? Would it be bad form to suggest it?

Mike N3274

PS Is the weed still there?

little bo (Guest)

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Mike S; the handicap list in the annual booklet was primarily drawn up for within-club use, because the numbers were not acceptanble to the RYA for a nationa lbasis. However no harm can be done in trying to widen the use of these PY numbers. I suggest that you write to the Sailing Committee of the BSC, explain the background and see if the club will accept them.

Incidentally these booklet numbers will form the starting point for the handicapping which will be attempted for the Vintage fleet at the Pitsford 70th Anniversary Regatta.

Ken Goddard
N.2300
Vintage Wing Representative

n12 Bottom Banner