National 12 - find out more...

BURGHFIELD POSTPONED

Started by Chris Day, 22 Mar 2013, 02:29

« previous - next »

Chris Day

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately Burghfield have had to cancel the Gul open meeting and training planned this weekend due to the snow and worse weather forecast over the weekend which was going to make travelling a nightmare and sailing very very cold.

The good news is that Jeremy and the club are already looking to reschedule the event for later in the season. The next Gul events before Burton week are at Burwain on 21st April and Salcombe on 4th-6th May - hopefully the weather will be a bit more amenable by then! 

Chris

william warren (Guest)

Sorry about Burghfield....however as there will be no snow at Shoreham over Easter feel free to come down to the open and practice your sea sailing on 31st march and 1st April, plenty of fun to be had there! I understand that the long range forcast is sunny SW force 3 and about 23 degrees C....8)  (possibly)

johnk

Shoreham is more likely to have Force 3-4 Easterly and 6 deg C. It was my first N12 open on the sea as crew.

Tom Stewart

It's always sunny and force 4 at Shoreham. If you ever meet a sailor who has travelled from Shoreham to sail somewhere else they always have a sad but wistful look. This is because they are wondering why they left their beloved home to travel to an inferior venue, what is more hey are generally right, which is why you should hitch your boat on to the back of your car and turn up for at least one day of the Shoreham open!

Steve (Guest)

If I was a bit closer I probably would go as I've never been, but always heard how good it is. Have we ever considered it for Burton week?

Steve

N3531

n12 Bottom Banner