National 12 - find out more...

N12 DVD for training, tuning etc....????

Started by Jimbo41, 22 Sep 2006, 01:31

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Hi folks!
Thought better of poaching, so time to start a new thread  ;)

How's about a tutorial DVD for the class? In my opinion it would make a valuable supplement to anything that's written down at the moment. It wouldn't have to be as cheezy or as flashy as "BREEZE ON" though.

Contents on tuning, equipment and measurement, as well as the best ways of tacking and jibing under different conditions and do's and don'ts (especially at reggattas) would be great for beginners like me, who still aspire to taking part in BW next year (we're coming to get you Tom   ;) ;) ;))

This type of medium would not increase demand on bandwidth for videostreaming  and would certainly enhance those off-season evenings, when all there is on the box is Eastenders & Co.

Realising such an undertaking won't happen overnight, and excusing myself in advance for my overt greenhorn enthusiasm, it would be interesting to know if anyone else out there thinks the same?

Jim N3130 (No quarter for plastic fantastics)

rick perkins

DVD's are great but to keep costs down you can just post stuff on the web - we do this for the Musto Skiff and this area of the site gets the most use ...

http://www.mustoskiff.com/video-and-boat-tests.htm

Rick

PS - if there is any 12 stuff about please post it up as some of us have a lot to learn ...
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Jon_P

Agree with the web, seems a much more cost effective format than the dvd and probably easier to create.  I do not think it would take all that long to create.  the hard bit is getting one of the top teams to give up a day to demonstrate and finding a camera that doesn't mind getting wet!!

i think it would be great and would help lots of people.

Jon

Antony (Guest)

Ok, we all agree with you lot that this is a great idea.  It can now be regarded as a work in progress, but you have to realise that a small number of people will have to do a decent amount of work to make it a reality.

Antony
Chairman, NTOA

davidg (Guest)

I can feel a P&B sponsorship opportunity coming (not as though they don't do enough for the class already).  Could do the Merlin Rocket one the same day!

David
N3461

n12 Bottom Banner