National 12 - find out more...

n2186

Started by tony, 26 May 2012, 10:23

« previous - next »

tony

hi guys im a new owner of n2186 current name wipe out i would like to change to the original name of jolly roger 11, anyway ive started tidying her up keeping the varnished look pics will follow, could someone please tell me how stable these dinghys are as im new to sailing ive had many fishing boats ,i dont want to race just a gentle sail inshore in no more than a force 3,

Interested Party

As old as it is, it will still be lively.  Age does not make a racing boat into a cruiser.  It just makes it into an old racing boat.
However, all that means is that although she might take a little longer to master when the wind gets up, you should not get bored of her so quickly.  And she should still be able to drift along nicely, when all the other old buckets are becalmed.
Sparkle - 2383
I have holes drilled in the side decks for rollocks and a pad fitted on the transom for a small outboard.  Oh, the shame of it!  Thankfully Tim Gatti saved her from any further embarassment, before passing her on to me.
And I am in the process of removing such things.
Steve Hawkins <br />N12 - Planet 672 -1948 (Holt modified 500 series)<br />N12 - Spider 2523 - 1971 (Spider) <br />N12 - Sparkle 2383 - 1967 (Starfish)

n12 Bottom Banner