National 12 - find out more...

Message to Wales

Started by Richard Pilgrim, 09 Aug 2006, 01:37

« previous - next »

Richard Pilgrim

THG

I don't see how anyone got the idea we are ignoring a lonely n12 in Wales (shades of little Britain) - I doubt very much you would be the only one.  This illustrates one of my key points we don't know where everyone sails and somehow we need to be able to reach out and have some more local events - if you're located down South of Wales the SW series may be better esp. if we can get a few more 'northern' locations.  Maybe if we get the call out maybe enough Welsh based 12s may emerge for some fun?

In the handbook we could add which Club as well as address / boat number(s).

Kean

THG

PeterSturdgess

Messrs Kean and Richard, thanks for  your response. In both instances further West than South Wales I fear, in fact, almost as  far West as it is possible to go in Wales -- Fishguard. There are only two N12's in this part of the world and we are both members of the Association. One of course  is  mine and the other dwells upon a mooring at Solva. I mentioned using a tent because I was  attracted to the Association having noticed mentioned, that the majority of the clubs hosting events provide food for those attending and camping. To me the two activities are partners and go together just as naturally as my N1722 and the sea. Those clubs that are able to host sailors who camp are to be congratulated. I would be grateful to hear more about the TVSC meeting.
petersturdgess@tiscali.co.uk

THG

My neighbour has recently bought a 2nd property at Pembroke docks so hoping to borrow that sometime and do a bit of sailing around that area - so if I ever get that organised will let you know.

There will always be some folks in the outer extremeties so saying at least one Gill event is an hour or so away is not true for some people.

TVSC is an interesting place to sail and an enjoyable location for camping / facilities - as they say on eBAY - recommended!

Kean
THG

PeterSturdgess

I take your point regarding our geographical extremity and the Associations events. At every opportunity I shall seek an increase in the numbers of N12's in this area -- During the couple of years I have worked upon 1722 I have been reminded that a sizeable segment of the population consists of retired persons, of whom many have shown interest in my efforts,  and may be interested in the vintage aspect of rescuing an N12. If any of those whom have previously advertised but still have reasonably rescuable boats, perhaps, if they contact me I could find good homes for them whilst at the same time  get a fleet going in Pembrokeshire. Why not give it a go?
Peter N1722  

Jimbo42

PeterSturdgess

Jim,

Just for the recored  my second boat is a Mirror - Sail Number12525. North Pembrokeshire is completely without the delights you attribute to Milford Haven. Interestingly, it is also the centre for a  resurgengence of 4 oared gig racing sponsored by many local pubs and businesses and generates suprisingly large spectator crowds.

Peter N1722

n12 Bottom Banner