National 12 - find out more...

space frame

Started by tonyelgar, 30 Nov 2008, 11:35

« previous - next »

tonyelgar

Just looking into putting the baggy indoors for a month early next year to address some of its other issues (frayed kness etc!) and one thing I would like to do is remove the space frame to try and tidy it up since it has seen better days. It looks to be straight forward but are there any pitfalls to doing so? I would think the boat isnt just going to fold up on me when it is out but first times for things like this are always good at catching you out!

cheers

Tony  
ex 2760/3255

mutt (Guest)

hmm. Dare has recently fitted aspace frame so he might be able to give you some good advice. my feelings are that a space frame should be reasonably easy to sand clean in place. If its a carbon or glass frame then you need to be a bit careful not to damage the weave. if its aluminium thet you can't really damage it cleaning. Taking it out is probalby not such a good idea. My experience is that the dismantling of boats is way easier than rebuilding them afterwards.
hope that helps.

Dare Barry (Guest)

Hi Tony. Fitting a carbon space frame using carbon tube is quite easy and will save you weight. You are welcome to givw me a call. 01983 529901. Cheers Dare

Simon 3354

Hi I am thinking of fitting a space frame ,Carbon or Alu to 3354 [Baggy 2 ]can you buy Carbon tube of a suitable diameter and then cut to fit the boat and bond some brackets on the end of the tube any advice or a simple sketch would be gratefully received thanks 3354 Billy The Kid

Terry Cooke (Guest)

AARDSPARS have carbon tube in either a 35 or 41mm OD plus a D section which is ideal for sides of the mast gate. We can supply the correct lenght so saving on waste and money.
Give me a call if you want to discuss, a space frame would certainly help 3354.
Terry Cooke
07972 735607

John Meadowcroft

Simon
Call Terry.  He is Aardspars, and he is also too modest to say that he originally put 3354 on the water so he knows the boat very well.
John

matt (Guest)

woolmer forest composites do a vast array fo different composite tubing. google it.
Matt
N3486

n12 Bottom Banner