National 12 - find out more...

Speeds, North, or P&B

Started by Olliet, 18 Nov 2012, 07:07

« previous - next »

Olliet

Hi there,

I have recently come into posession of a National 12, N3132 to be exact, and it needs some new sails, as the current ones are shot. Having done some research of my own, I am still clueless. The two sets that came with it are Aardvark and North. My crew and I come under the category of medium/lightweight and will mostly be sailing inland, and I was hoping to get some advice from all the experience guys about which sails you have found works best.

Thanks in advance,

Ollie the newbie

paul turner

Greetings "Ollie the Newbie".

I think that the sails you have with an "A" on them will be Alverbank not Aardvark (the latter being Mike Cooke who builds boats)?

Jim and Andy (formerly of Speed Sails) are operating as HD Sails and have our Alverbank N12 sail patterns so perhaps give them a ring on 0121 356 2175?

Where are you in the country? If you have you a club nearby that sails N12s you can local help and advice.
Paul @ Trent Valley SC, Nottm/Derby 8)

Red Hot Pudding

Hi Ollie

I'm on my second set of HD sails now and they are very well made, to a proven design. ( they also have and excellent track record in other classes, esp. Merlin Rocket and Solo). If you didn't want to stretch to the expense of new sails, I have some which I bought in May 2011, which have had only one season's use. They are for sale in the 'Bits' section. I'm open to offers!

Also, Nick Copsey has a set of P and B's, for sale, which are of course also excellent and unused.

Ian

n12 Bottom Banner