National 12 - find out more...

FOR SALE FEELING FOOLISH

Started by M PHILLIPS (Guest), 21 Jun 2006, 07:45

« previous - next »

M PHILLIPS (Guest)

Jimbo41

Mr. Phillips

Any pics?
Would it take a 24 stone (but thanks to fitness drive, falling) combined crew weight?

Jim N3130

m phillips (Guest)

Jim
i sailed with 23 stone which was ok, you would probably not be that quick with 24 stone in moderate conditions. Could email you some pics if interested.
mark

marcus3292

im interested in the spare rudder if you are interested in splitting?

shifty_business20@hotmail.com,  07966344227
N3292

Jimbo41

Marc,

Pics would be interesting. Email is as below.

Tell me, does a Foolish carry more or less weight than a  Final Chapter? I have also heard that a Foolish is easier to turn...

Jim N3130

m phillips (Guest)

jim
I will take some pics at the weekend and email them to you, can,t really compare the foolish with the chapter because i have never sailed a chapter.
Mark

Jimbo41

Ok. Thanks Mark

Jim N3130

david wlkins (Guest)

Jim

We've had 2 Chapters and now I'm sailing a Foolish.

Until this year our all up weight has been in the region of 25 stone. I think the chapter coped better with this weight upwind in a chop. The Foolish is certainly faster in tricky inland conditions - it seems to  pick up speed much more quickly and is far easier to tack.
When its windy the Chapter is a bit more stable.
Sailing at Trent Valley this year we had around 26 Stone aboard and still managed a very respectable result (wuld have been better had we gone round a mark the right way in the final race!).

Cheers

David 3481

Jimbo41

Thanks Dave for those words of encouragement. I'll see what I've got in the Piggy Bank at the moment......

Jim N3130

janeysailor12

Jimbo....are you getting rid of the Tigress??  (Nutty Shell...aka Midnight Blues)  or just starting your own little navy out there in Bavaria??

Janey

Jimbo41

Janey,

Wot a "cheesy"+ question! (Greetings to Mike  ;D). Answer: No Way!!!  :o

Of course I've got to get a fleet* going so that some of you from Blighty will want to come over and have a bash at being beaten at your own game, but that will not happen overnight.... (Jolly good show - recapture India next Monday, what!). I'll have to convince "Higher Management" that it's worth the money.... It's like Bismark revisited, Queen Victoria.....

I'm currently training up Emma (9 years old and only 40 Kg) not to be scared when it blows. Then we'll be down to weight and ready......

Anyway, are you and Mike interested in coming over? (oooozing cheese and beer)...Tell your 12 friends too..... :K) :K) :K)

Got to go now - I've a general strike to suppress.....

First Lord of the Admiralty* Jim. (N3130)

P.S. After weekend blow, renaming yot "Tucking Fippy".... Please excuse ref. to Winston...

n12 Bottom Banner