National 12 - find out more...

Main Menu

Recent posts

Boats / Re: N3481 Ithildin
Last post by veronika_makris - 06 Aug 2023, 03:33
The boat formerly known as Cooked to Perfection has found her way to Bavaria in the south of Germany at some unknown point in the past.

Last year, I was looking for a dinghy suitable for a mother and a child, both with very little or very forgotten sailing experience. As none of the boats that are more common in our area was available at the time (at least not for the money I was willing to invest), I decided on getting this British boat that was for sale literally just around the corner. For language reasons, we changed the name to Ithildin as the beautiful blue reminded us of a moonlit night.

We had a couple of fun sailing days last summer, this year, however, we sadly couldn't have a go yet.
General National 12 chat / Re: Rig Settings Help
Last post by Mark Prue - 02 Aug 2023, 08:27
Thank you both for your replies.

As it happens time in the boat is what was needed. This week in moderate conditions we managed a win in our mixed handicap fleet.

I have started using more rig tension and playing with it as the conditions change during the race.

The biggest improvement has come from marking the shroud tails so we can get both at the same tension.

Loving being back in a 12 again   ;D
Hi Duncan,

We have just done this to New Isabelle. We tried centre sheeting off the boom and then opted for a jammer on deck too. The reasoning for this was so I could help my junior crew to pull the jib in without loosing the main sheet.

We have a split tail sheet running through a 30mm block on the outboard end of the boom, then a 40mm auto ratchet mid boom and down to a old style low profile swivel jammer.

Hope this helps.
Hi there. We are new to N12 having just acquired 3489 (Big Issue, all carbon). We are looking to convert to centre mainsheet and are seeking advice on the best way to do this. In particular, number of blocks needed at the stern and in the main cascade. Cheers Duncan
General National 12 chat / Burton Week 2023
Last post by NTOACertification - 22 Jul 2023, 10:51
Just 5 weeks to Burton Week at Brixham, but the early entry reduction ends on Sunday.
Also tickets for the Annual Dinner at the BYC need to be booked in advance.
New National Twelve owners are welcome - contact ntoa@national12.org for more information.
See: https://www.national12.org/burtonweek/2023/
Can anyone give a good set of tuning measurements for my boat, please . No 3362
Greetings Vintage Yotters. 

URGENT NOTICE

The Vintage Champs tomorrow and Sunday has been postponed because of the serious wind forecast/ yellow warning from the MET Office. We are looking to re-run possibly at Solway on the weekend of 30th September/1st October, but watch out for announcements. 

PT on behalf John Sears @ Notts County
General National 12 chat / N2207 Alchemy
Last post by DrJohn - 13 Jul 2023, 06:52
Saw N2207 (Alchemy, March Hare design) up for sale on Facebook market place. Considering it looked like a pile of firewood (half the deck off, obvious rot around the keel) I think the seller was flying a kite asking £300. Don't think it is much longer for this world.
Boats / Re: N3244 Why Can't You ...?
Last post by edwillett - 10 Jul 2023, 09:31
Hope to see you there (at Whitefriars) soon....I am out in the N12 on Weds evenings....
Boats / Re: N3244 Why Can't You ...?
Last post by Dominic Horner - 05 Jul 2023, 08:35
Bought 3244 last month to sail with my daughter(s).  She's now moved inland, and in fact back, to Whitefriars.  Only been out a couple of times but loving her so far ;D
n12 Bottom Banner