National 12 - find out more...

West Riding SC

Started by antony (Guest), 07 Mar 2006, 06:19

« previous - next »

antony (Guest)

MikeDay

Hmm, happy memories eh Antony?  Not sure mine are ... I was at Leeds Univ and sailed there team racing over the pretty miserable winter of 1971-2 - yes, it was that long ago.  Wetsuit with yellow taped seams had to be stuck together after every outing in beaten up Fireflies and I recall being very cold and the water being very grey.  All that doesn't make the prize draw any less attractive, of course.

Mike D
N3496

Ken Goddard (Guest)

I also have rather mixed memories about West Riding S.C. which I visited a couple of times in the 70's. To assist in relaunching the clubhouse, how about the ANEYC (National 12) organisation holding its annual meeting at WRSC in 2007 and asking for a few quid for the new building on the Entry Fee?

Regards
Ken Goddard
N.2300

icecreamman

My long lasting memories of Wintersett were the gents outside toilets open to the weather and no showers.

Roly Mo

Have never sailed there, but Higher Management is of the same vintage as the Ice Cream Man and gloomily remembers Enterprise Open meetings there.  Seems she spent a lot of time swimming, but what can you expect if you crew Enterprises!  

We will canvas the Northern Fleet to seek their views on ANEYC (or an Open) meeting there in 2007,

Roly Mo

Jon Whitehead

Top spot.... won ANYEC there in 1976!

n12 Bottom Banner