National 12 - find out more...

Fillet N585

Started by Tim Gatti, 19 Mar 2009, 08:47

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

Anyone know the whereabouts / condition of  Dick Wyche's experimental glued, planked boat 'Fillet' ?? Are there any surviving photos of her.

edwillett

i have at least one picture of Filet

Tim Gatti

Hi Ed - thanks for your reply.  Is it digital (can you upload it?) or vintage B&W?  Any idea where she is now?  Tim

edwillett

Tim

They are vintage b&w photos taken by the late Robin Steavenson. I will be able to scan them at some point if i get a spare moment. No idea where the boat is now....I seem to recollect Robin telling me that she had fallen apart - the first glued N12 trial not being too succesful.

Cheers

Ed

Tim Gatti

Thanks Ed - Robin indicates she had quite a long 'career' in History of the N12's - and suggests that she was still sailing in the early 60's.  Just was curious to know what had happened to her since then.  Look forward to seeing some photos when you get the chance to scan them. Tim

edwillett

Tim

I have found one picture so far - Fillet sitting on the pebble beach next to N1 Gipsy at the 1947 Wash Basin meeting. When I was researching the Handbook History in the 90's Robin very kindly supplied me with masses of information and anecdotes in pages and pages of handwritten notes and letters - there may be some information on what happened to Fillet in his writing, but I'm sure I would have added this to the History if relevant. Nevertheless I will have a look in due course - but offf skiing tomorrow so it will have to wait a bit.

cheers

Ed

n12 Bottom Banner