National 12 - find out more...

Dinghy Show 2009

Started by Chris Day, 10 Mar 2009, 05:30

« previous - next »

Chris Day

Happy New Year Everybody!

Preparation for the The 2009 Dinghy Show is well underway.
The show is taking place in March on Saturday 7th (10am-6pm) and Sunday 8th (10am-5pm) at Alexandra Palace, London.

This year’s show looks to be better than ever with a whole host of great activities and talks as well as stands from all involved in the dinghy world. (See www.dinghyshow.org)

As ever The National 12 Owners Association will be there shouting about how great it is to sail a 12!! We would like as many people as possible to come and join us over the weekend to help out with manning the stand and also some volunteers to help set up and pack away.

If you are able to help out please e-mail christian.day@hotmail.co.uk 
Please let us know what times you would be available over the weekend and your mobile phone number.

Thank you!

Chris and Sophie
N3377

Mike S (Guest)

Is Jo Richards new boat going to be there?

paul turner (Guest)

Yo Chris! Have just tried to reply to your request for volunteers - but your email address is not working! Paul :o

thedodger

Happy to help one of the days. Don't forget there is also an amazing boat being built by Ian Stables, check it out.

Crusader 3244

Hi, Christian and Sophie, How are you both and how is Stumpy?
Happy New Year! To everyone!

I really could'nt offer to assist with the stand - much as I would like to.
I do hope to get to visit the show but even that may not be possible. It will likely be a last minute decision which is why it would not be fair to offer help of any kind. We have some works beginning on the house you see. in addition to that I've become obsessive about a project I have on the go which is diverting my attention from all the other things I should be doing. I don't even log in to this forum so often!
Are you wintering at L&L?  I'm not sure when I'll get back on the water but I am down for the the first three ROD duties at Redesmere puddle in March. Best to get them out of the way.
New rules already apply don't they?    Are they that much different out on the water?

Any hope I had of doing a bare wood refurb over the closed season have expired completely. I will have to make do with Sticking plaster and patchy varnish to keep the elements out over the coming season. By then I really do expect it will need a refurb. Tch! Wooden boats!
Chris, 3244

Martin

Quote from: 495Happy to help one of the days. Don't forget there is also an amazing boat being built by Ian Stables, check it out.

Please do tell more!

thedodger

I'll ask him to tell you, but a new carbon composite 12 is on the way ~ with Ian's pedigree I reckon it will be something rather special.

Jeremy C

Would love to be there to help out, but unfortunately will be working.

Jeremy C
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Ian Stables

I would be happy to help, Sunday would probably suit best.
Despite Simon's constant encouragement I do not think the new boat will be ready for public viewing by March. Detail design of the canting rudder stock to control the lift from an intended T foil has slowed construction a little, there is not much to show for all the effort just yet but rest assured a full post will follow.
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

sam293

would anyone in the london area be able to put me up for friday or saturday night or even both?
i will feed myself etc all i need is space to lay a sleeping bag and possably to park a car, if not il get the train
thankyou very much
sam

Pip

Hello - just curious to know if anyone is travelling up from the South West-ish region to the dinghy show on Saturday and have space for me in their car?  I'm happy to pay towards petrol etc.  Let me know, pipj@f2s.com is the best way to contact me or reply on here (though email is best!).

n12 Bottom Banner