National 12 - find out more...

Henley Open - Sunday 23rd September

Started by MikeDay, 16 Sep 2007, 08:58

« previous - next »

MikeDay

Do I need to sell Henley's delights?  Delicate river sailing, teas on the lawn, great old-fashioned hospitality, and your penultimate chance to get in a restricted water qualifier for the Thames Area Series.  And it probably won't be as wild as Thorpe Bay today.

Three races, start at 11am.  Hope to see you all there.

Mike D
N3496

John Thornton

To all those thinking about a nice day out at Henley ... the current forecast is sun and 10mph from the right direction ... and the cakes smell wonderful!

If you are thinking of coming, then a post, email or call would be appreciated to ensure that we don't run out of cake.

Thanks, John
N3443

DavidW

I should be there John - just need to find a crew!

If there are any light spares at Henley please let me know.

Well done at Thorpe Bay you two!

See you Sunday I hope

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

John Thornton

Hi David
On the case re crews, I will try and phone round this evening and see if I can sort anything.  If you find someone in the mean time, please let me know.

Thorpe Bay was interesting for someone who doesn't like it too windy !  Glad we were in the Chapter !

Hope to see you Sunday
Mandy

MikeDay

David

Have you tried Sam from Burghfield - crewed for Caroline at Thorpe Bay and me at Ranelagh - phone number on another thread here - I think I suggested him to you once before.  He's sub 9-stone and v.good.

Mike D
N3496

THG

Whats the best route when trailing and coming from m4 west?  Hope to be there - at least the boat is packed up ready to go.
THG

John Thornton

Simplest way is to leave at Jn10 - take the A329(M) towards Reading.

At the end of the A329(M), take the A4 towards Sonning and Twyford (not Reading). This junction can be confusing because the dual carriageway actually carries on into a business park, you need to exit onto the roundabout below.

Follow the A4 for quite a distance, and several roundabouts, until you reach a roundabout where the A321 crosses. Here turn left towards Wargrave and Henley.

Go through Wargrave village (a set of traffic lights), watch out for the river on the left and then turn left onto a track which is signposted to the sailing club. A bit further down the track look for a further left turn - again it should be signposted.

See you there!

John
N3443

THG

Soory didn't make it - #1 crew too tired after days playing table tennis and #2 crew didn't like the weather!  Hope it was a good turn out - seemed blustery here so maybe not such a bad decision but I would have preferred a day out on the river to gardening.
THG

MikeDay

We had  a great day- and John and Mandy won!

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner