National 12 - find out more...

Crusader - rear tank / open transom - advise

Started by THG, 15 Jun 2006, 11:53

« previous - next »

THG

Have Crusader with rear tank with metal transom bar and open back.

Seen some folks have added a rear flap - I guess something like clear acrylic. Fixed to the top bar so it acts as a big transom flap.  Whats the best stuff to use / cheap source?

Also in process of changing my rudder / stock over to a carbon version - need some advise on which pintles to use / how to set this up from my current version - (big pin going through gudgeons).

Thanks,

Kean
THG

John Murrell (Guest)

Kean

Simple answer is to go to the local garden centre and buy some of the clear acrylic they sell for coldframes and greenhouses, the very thin stuff. If you then cut it to shape and stick it to the transom bar so that the 'roll' is inwards with clear mylar sail repair tape the jobs a goodun! And cheap!!

John
ex 3339

Mikey C

Lexan (polycarbonate) is better than acrylic if you can find it - doesnt shatter like acrylic and will last loads longer...

Try a local plastics forming place, may have scraps or send you towards a supplier.
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

THG

Mike,  thanks - found a plastics sheet supplier 1/2 mile from work and picked up a free sheet from John (round the back after work) - which is the business.

Time for a Blue Peter - cutting & sticking.

Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner