National 12 - find out more...

swanage regatta august 1/2

Started by thedodger, 27 Jul 2009, 03:51

« previous - next »

thedodger

We have five/six of the Spinnaker 12's going to Swanage regatta this weekend, 1st and 2nd August. Weather forecast looking pretty good for both days. Laid back, well organised event with 2 races at day in the bay. If we get enough boats there I am sure we will get our own start. Fancy coming? contact Ian Stables or me (Simon Walworth) through the forum or by telephone (in the N12 book). Lots of Spinnaker members travelling and planning to stay at California Campsite http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=7923 so come and join us all.
Simon
N3454

Mike S (Guest)

Alex and I are coming for a bit of the seaside. Can't get through to campsite to book on but hopefully will be able to do so.
Mike
N3491

thedodger

Hi Mike, as Saturday weather looking very iffy we are making a decision on the day as to whether we stay overnight at the camp site or travel home and back on the sunday morning. Whatever happens, the plan is to sail both days unless there is a massive blow. I have my mobile on me so you can always call me on 07855 787561. Simon

Mike S (Guest)

Those at Hunstanton or Salcombe or Bassenthwaite or on holiday missed a really good weekend here. I'm sure it was also really good in those places as well 8) Wind was up both days and weather played ball on the Sunday for a couple of windy but sunny seaside specials.
There seemed to be a little jiggery pokery gone on in making the 12s the selected monohull class (we had 6 boats, whereas there were 7 Albacores who had to make do with the fast handicap) and early gear failure cut our numbers, but as a result I'm now the proud owner of a very nice trophy, with its own box no less, dating back to the 1920s. I guess we'll be back!
Mike S
N3491

n12 Bottom Banner