National 12 - find out more...

Racing for Ribbed 12's?

Started by Tim Gatti, 25 Sep 2008, 03:00

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

Have floated the idea amongst Northern colleagues that we might organise some ad hoc racing just for ribbed 12's next season - fair winds and weather permitting. Five of these grand old boats potentially available to participate are: N2, N153, N443, N493 and N711 .  Could be as part of N12 vintage programme or as part of normal Club sailing at local venues eg Ripon/Yeadon, where majority of the boats are based.  Nothing hard and fast agreed yet but would like to know if there are any other ribbed 12 owners out there who would be interested in participating?  Look forward to hearing from you! Tim

Jimbo41

;DHaven't you had enough ribbing recently Tim?
Jim.:P

Tim Gatti

Not enough clearly Jim, but I can take it - now, seriously, who wants to join the party? You don't necessarily have to own one to participate.

JonathanReubin

Mmm, nice idea but for me to travel constantly 500 miles per meeting is a wee bit too much!  Are you thinking of at least one meeting somewhere on the A1 south of Newark?
As a matter of interest I bumped into a former vintage 12 man at Alton Water (Suffolk) who would like to see a vintage event there.  I sailed the lake yesterday in my Mk8 and it is a pleasant 400 acre lake with excellent launch facilities.  Run by Anglian Water so the "club" is ad hoc but racing was well organised. 
There is by the way a forlorn looking 12 in the "bonfire" section of the boat park.  Could be a Mk8 but no number visible.  Steel plate and timber mast.
I have made enquiries and if available at £0 is there anyone out there who would take her on?

Tim Gatti

Hi Jonathan - yes - keenly aware of the increasing costs and time taken to travel. Plans not even roughly laid yet so not ruling out venues more southerly than Yorkshire - Frensham or Thames have been suggested as good Vintage Regattas. Keep in touch and good to hear from you. Tim (Sorry can't take on any more renovation projects just at the moment!)

n12 Bottom Banner