National 12 - find out more...

Scottish Champs

Started by RogerBrisley, 12 Jun 2006, 10:58

« previous - next »

RogerBrisley

Who's up for this then?  I am and am also getting encouraging noises from the rest of the family so hopefully won't have to post desparate notices wanting crew.

Can any body give me an idea of where people stay (camp, B & B....) and what sort of program there is likely to be?

Roger

N3334

Roly Mo

Hi Roger

Happy to send you an advance copy of the briefing pack by email - this will appear on the website shortly (Jennie is just agreeing final details with the club).  

There is masses of accommodation in North Berwick ranging from grand hotels (some of which do some cracking 3 day deals) to campsites.  We are really looking forward to our long weekend there, and will be camping at Tantallon Park, and Ellie has great plans for sandcastle building with Toby Simpson.  

The club are looking forward to welcoming us, and have a party arranged for Saturday night.  The sailing there is usually great (both Howard S and I have experience of events run there) and we can launch and race at all states of the tide.  It's the only place I've sailed where I've been able to watch puffins flying and feeding!

Happy sailing

Bernard

MarkSimpson

Hi
Mum and dad have booked our B&B in the center of the town already.  They had to phone round quite a few places before they found somewhere, so if you you're going to book accommodation they said it would be good to do it sooner rather than later.  Apparently there's a big golf competition going on in the area that weekend.

Looking forward to the sandcastle building with Ellie!!

Toby
xx

icecreamman

With a bit of luck some of the Ice Cream Men will be up in Scotland and Joe will be on hand to knock down any sandcastles that Ellie, Toby or any other child has built. His big sister will then apologise for his behaviour and rebuild them. Aiming to bring up the caravan to allow the family a smidge of luxury and as far as the kids are concerned it beats sleeping in the Ice Cream van

Roly Mo

grazz

The details are now on the website, you can download from

http://www.national12.org/events/2006/scottish_champs_info.pdf

The venue looks fantastic, wish we could be there but myself and Zoe will be down in Cornwall at Burton week

angus

I'll be there crew and boss allowing. Just to suport the rest of the fleet and make everybody else look good. ;D ;D ;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner